Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'm an incredibly fussy eater and new foods make me incredibly anxious. I only had my first proper curry two years ago on a social and I generally stick to Nando's or Italians because I'm able to avoid the huge amount of nerves that foods I've never tried before

There are certain foods I just cannot stand - whether that be because of it's texture or because of it's taste. Banana's and apples are examples both! Banana's just have such an ewwwy texture and I just cannot do the taste of apples I can't really do fruit in general because of how seedy some of them are but I absolutely adore the taste of some of them (I'm strange like this)

Are there certain foods which are just no go's for you? Does texture/flavour put you off them? Please tell I'm not alone in finding banana's disgusting? :lol:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    It's loathe >.>

And I am the same about fruit!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Raw tomato :afraid:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    This stuff

ReputationRep:
    Beans (the Heinz kind, plain beans used as ingredients in other food are fine), they're just gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    This stuff

Is that an unripe lychee?

ReputationRep:
    Aubergine :/

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like celery - not just the taste (which is horrid) but the stringiness. It makes me think of people on diets, replete with cottage cheese and a ryvita.

Low fat mayonnaise tastes of chemicals.

I've trained myself to like coriander, but I used to think it was utterly, utterly foul and would ruin anything it touched.

Not a big fan of mollusca, eg cockles, whelks (makes me think of eating a slug), squid (which makes me think of rubber bands), clams etc. But crustacea, eg. lobster, langoustines, crab: yum!!!

ReputationRep:
    Aubergines, Mushrooms(on their own), Jackfruits, Salt and Vinegar crisps, Cauliflower and Garlic

ReputationRep:
    In Bangladesh, there was this aubergine curry I had and it gave me such a bad gag reflex that I vomited a couple of hours afterwards and felt sick the whole day..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Aubergine :/
    Double this. Cooked aubergines remind me of slugs.

ReputationRep:
    Marmite, certain types of cheese & coleslaw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Is that an unripe lychee?
    Its a durian,

ReputationRep:
    I don't like fish (tuna is okay, but I don't like salmon for example), both the taste and the smell of it. I also don't like bananas (I'll eat them though, reluctantly), sprouts, eggs, cheese, basically all the things that are meant to be good for me :lol:

I also hate Turkish delight for some reason, it just tastes terrible to me, however my mum loves it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hate most fruit - but I like banana :rofl:
    Apple is gross tho :yucky: and most citrussy fruits too!
    I love most veg apart from swede and parsnip
    I dislike most pastries/desserts

food <3

(Original post by Deyesy)
    I'm an incredibly fussy eater and new foods make me incredibly anxious. I only had my first proper curry two years ago on a social and I generally stick to Nando's or Italians because I'm able to avoid the huge amount of nerves that foods I've never tried before

There are certain foods I just cannot stand - whether that be because of it's texture or because of it's taste. Banana's and apples are examples both! Banana's just have such an ewwwy texture and I just cannot do the taste of apples I can't really do fruit in general because of how seedy some of them are but I absolutely adore the taste of some of them (I'm strange like this)

Are there certain foods which are just no go's for you? Does texture/flavour put you off them? Please tell I'm not alone in finding banana's disgusting? :lol:
    You like veg though, right? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Its a durian,
    Thank you. I've just looked it up on the basis of that. Sounds horrid:

Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance; others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour, which may linger for several days, has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia. [Wikipedia]

ReputationRep:
    Aubergines, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Beetroot, Radish, Carrots, Cherries, Avacado, Courgettes, Black-eyed beans, Butternut squash, Guava, Fig, Olives, Rhubarb, Sweet Potato, Sweet and Sour rice,
    & loads moreeee lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Aubergines, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Beetroot, Radish, Carrots, Cherries, Avacado, Courgettes, Black-eyed beans, Butternut squash, Guava, Fig, Olives, Rhubarb, Sweet Potato, Sweet and Sour rice,
    & loads moreeee lol
    Wait, have you tried Chungapurra, a sticky rice dish from Bangladesh?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    You like veg though, right? :puppyeyes:
    I wouldn't 'choose' to eat veg but I would if I was starving and there was no other food left on the earth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafy97)
    Wait, have you tried Chungapurra, a sticky rice dish from Bangladesh?
    nope, ive never heard of it do you think im bangladeshi?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.