Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for the 4 year fashion course at UCA Epsom (and Rochester to bulk up my app) because my school messed my subjects around and I don't exactly have a portfolio with the quality to get straight onto a 3 year degree course. I plan on doing a small project based off a kind of fashion portfolio style, but I'm worried my non-art Alevels are gonna blacklist me from any kind of offer.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has applied to the 4 year before and knows what kind of things they might look for (I have spoken to one of the admissions for pre-degree courses officers at an open day but I'm just seeing if there's anything more I could find out)
    Thanks!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Admissions tutors are the best people to help. Have you looked at the entry requirements and matched your profile with them? Contact the unis and ask if you're unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Admissions tutors are the best people to help. Have you looked at the entry requirements and matched your profile with them? Contact the unis and ask if you're unsure.
    As I said I've already spoken with an admissions officer and the uni; I was just wondering if there was any student advice or experience with what kind of things they look for during an applicant day specifically with the year 0.
    Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by j0148)
    As I said I've already spoken with an admissions officer and the uni; I was just wondering if there was any student advice or experience with what kind of things they look for during an applicant day specifically with the year 0.
    Thanks!
    How is a student going to tell you anything more valid than an admissions officer or the uni? Students don't evaluate the candidates!

ReputationRep:
    I mean a student who has had experience with an application for a year 0 course and what kind of things the admissions officers asked of them. Admissions officers aren't going to outright tell you what questions they'll be asking you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.