Turn on thread page Beta

How do you deal with failure? watch

ReputationRep:
    Cry in a corner, punch some kittens, or what?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to say I do something productive when I fail but for the most part I go over and over what I did wrong and get angry that I didn't do this or that instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Figure out what went wrong and think of next steps

ReputationRep:
    I don't really, I just think about it constantly until my mind physically can't deal with being depressed and then just goes numb.

ReputationRep:
    I play fetch with a dog and a grenade in a mall.

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about making a mistake, the best thing to do is analyse the reasons you made the mistake and make sure you never do it again. It's fine to make mistakes as we're humans not robots after all. The important thing is not to make the same mistake twice. But you can ensure you don't do that by learning from the first time you made it.

If you're talking about failure that occurs through not being quite being good enough for something, that's a bit more difficult when it comes to taking a positive approach. You can take a similar approach to making an isolated mistake but I suppose it takes a longer time. If you fail in studying because your knowledge isn't up there you can try to improve your knowledge.

The most important thing: be positive and look to the future!

ReputationRep:
    drink

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.