Turn on thread page Beta

I don't understand this guy at all :S watch

This guy told me about 3 days ago that he really, really likes me, he finds me very attractive and wants a serious relationship with me. I said to him I think we should be friends for now and get to know each other more as we barely know each other, he agreed.I've been thinking about him a lot, I do like the person he is and I am very attracted to him, I want to tell him that I like him too and want to give us a chance.

The thing is, he's hardly ever online and I don't live near enough to him. I always have to start the chat first, then when I do he acts very into me. Today I tried speaking to him, he spoke for a bit and said we can talk plenty tomorrow, he has a lot of studying to do at the moment and he has a job too so fair enough. I don't know I just thought he'd try to engage with me a bit more considering he claims to be 'mad' about me. I'm considering not telling him anymore that I feel the same way because he just seems like he isn't arsed, then again maybe just busy. :/

" I think we should be friends for now" he probably thinks you've friend zoned him...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    " I think we should be friends for now" he probably thinks you've friend zoned him...
    I haven't even friend zoned him although I understand how it sounds like that. I do really like him and I honestly just meant we should focus on building a good friendship with each other first before we immediately take things to a romantic level. He was being really full on and keen, I meant for him to slow down a bit. Is it still worth telling him I want him too?

He was being really full on and keen, I meant for him to slow down a bit. Is it still worth telling him I want him too?
    yeah just let him know what you're thinking, just seems like a simple bit of miscommunication!

yeah just let him know what you're thinking, just seems like a simple bit of miscommunication!
    I'll let him know tomorrow then that I do actually like him romantically, he seemed a preoccupied tonight with studying so I didn't want to have a conversation about feelings when he's busy. I noticed he stopped all flirting as soon as I told him we were friends, and I liked how he was before. Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    This guy told me about 3 days ago that he really, really likes me, he finds me very attractive and wants a serious relationship with me. I said to him I think we should be friends for now and get to know each other more as we barely know each other, he agreed.I've been thinking about him a lot, I do like the person he is and I am very attracted to him, I want to tell him that I like him too and want to give us a chance.

The thing is, he's hardly ever online and I don't live near enough to him. I always have to start the chat first, then when I do he acts very into me. Today I tried speaking to him, he spoke for a bit and said we can talk plenty tomorrow, he has a lot of studying to do at the moment and he has a job too so fair enough. I don't know I just thought he'd try to engage with me a bit more considering he claims to be 'mad' about me. I'm considering not telling him anymore that I feel the same way because he just seems like he isn't arsed, then again maybe just busy. :/
    I believe he thinks you friend zoned him and hes hurting, it takes alot for a guy to do that. If you feel the same say it back!

(Original post by Richard.T)
    I believe he thinks you friend zoned him and hes hurting, it takes alot for a guy to do that. If you feel the same say it back!
    Aw I feel terrible, I didn't know it would actually hurt his feelings when I said lets be friends for now. I literally meant for now as in I do want a relationship with him, but I just want to learn more about him first, although it probably came across to him as though I had no interest in him whatsoever. I'll let him know tomorrow because I'm honestly mad about him too, I regretted saying the lets be friends thing the day after!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.