Turn on thread page Beta

Do you ever find yourself dating someone who you don't really have feelings for? watch

Does anyone ever find themselves in a situation where you're dating someone who is ok and you can't think of any specific faults with them but just overall they don't make you feel that you're truly into them?

I frequently find myself in that kind of a situation: dating someone who is ok but I'm just not really feeling it, though I can't quite say what exactly is wrong with them. It's not always the case, with some other girls I feel like I really like them.

What would you do in such a situation? Keep at it hoping you start enjoying it more or get more into them or cut it off and move on?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, get out of the situation asap

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone ever find themselves in a situation where you're dating someone who is ok and you can't think of any specific faults with them but just overall they don't make you feel that you're truly into them?

I frequently find myself in that kind of a situation: dating someone who is ok but I'm just not really feeling it, though I can't quite say what exactly is wrong with them. It's not always the case, with some other girls I feel like I really like them.

What would you do in such a situation? Keep at it hoping you start enjoying it more or get more into them or cut it off and move on?
    Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from. The last person I dated, I loved them for who they were inside but I just wasn't sexually attracted to them from the start. I stayed with him anyway because I thought whatever, looks fade and maybe I'll get it over it, but it really affected me deep down. I never felt a 'spark' with him, I didn't feel the urge to kiss him or want to be intimate with him, if anything it would make me want to pull away because it would feel like kissing a brother or a good friend. In the end we ended things because without realizing, I had started treating him like a friend and stopped being affectionate. We are still friends and speak often.

I met another guy one day, and immediately felt an instant attraction to him, and I felt butterflies when I was with him and I found myself wanting to be so much more open and affectionate with him. I'm glad I got out of the other relationship because we just weren't right for each other and sticking around for the sake of it, wouldn't have been fair on either of us .

ReputationRep:
    No I would usually end that kind of situation after the 2nd or 3rd date.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Yes, and I've fallen for such people in the past.

Sadly I've never made it from dating to a proper relationship. It always ends up ending or going casual.
    But I don't necessarily think it's wrong to lack an immediate connection. I would give it a reasonable time and then if nothing, then you can call it quits haven realised you have given it a true shot.

ReputationRep:
    No, as I'm not a **** and don't lead people on.

ReputationRep:
    I have once and as you can imagine, nothing ever came from it. I pretty much led him on, hoping and thinking I would eventually feel more but I didn't and with any other crush I've had in the past, the feelings were instant and grew. I didn't have to force a feeling like I did with this one person. Instead of feeling happiness and excitement towards meeting them, I felt dread and confusion. In the end, I told him straight and apologized for getting his hopes up. I still feel like a cow to this day for leading him on but I'm happy to see he has moved on now and doing well for himself

ReputationRep:

Some people stay in these type of relationship either cause they can't find anyone else or they dont want to end up alone. I would cut it off personally if you aren't enjoying it now then you won't be in the near future.
    Also you said they were ok which isn't a good sign you do need a connection with them not someone you are half arsed about.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from. The last person I dated, I loved them for who they were inside but I just wasn't sexually attracted to them from the start. I stayed with him anyway because I thought whatever, looks fade and maybe I'll get it over it, but it really affected me deep down. I never felt a 'spark' with him, I didn't feel the urge to kiss him or want to be intimate with him, if anything it would make me want to pull away because it would feel like kissing a brother or a good friend. In the end we ended things because without realizing, I had started treating him like a friend and stopped being affectionate. We are still friends and speak often.

I met another guy one day, and immediately felt an instant attraction to him, and I felt butterflies when I was with him and I found myself wanting to be so much more open and affectionate with him. I'm glad I got out of the other relationship because we just weren't right for each other and sticking around for the sake of it, wouldn't have been fair on either of us .
    Spoiler:
    Show

What was the matter with the first guy, was he fat or something?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.