Turn on thread page Beta

Useful skills to learn during spare time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Useful skills to learn during spare time?

ReputationRep:
    the skill to make quality threads on tsr

ReputationRep:
    l e a r n
    a
    l a n g u a g e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    the skill to make quality threads on tsr
    im sorry i dont spend a third of my life on tsr

ReputationRep:
    -Languages
    -Playing funky rhythms on musical instruments and then forming a band and then becoming famous and then dropping out of the band to become a solo artist because you're having a life crisis and think 'the rest of my band sucks' and then a few years later get the band back together again and be like 'I love you guys so much, man'
    -The basics of learning to drive even before planning to properly learn to drive (e.g road signs and how long it is acceptable to wait for a nanna to cross the road before you can run her over)
    -General politics/world history
    -Actual people skills (volunteering and stuff; you might meet a pensioner and fall in love and then they will die and you will be sad and then you will see that they have left you stuff in their will and then you will no longer be sad)
    -Et cetera

ReputationRep:
    programming
    p r o g r a m m i ng
    p
    r
    o
    g
    r
    a
    m
    m
    i
    n
    g

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    -Languages
    -Playing funky rhythms on musical instruments and then forming a band and then becoming famous and then dropping out of the band to become a solo artist because you're having a life crisis and think 'the rest of my band sucks' and then a few years later get the band back together again and be like 'I love you guys so much, man'
    -The basics of learning to drive even before planning to properly learn to drive (e.g road signs and how long it is acceptable to wait for a nanna to cross the road before you can run her over)
    -Actual people skills (volunteering and stuff; you might meet a pensioner and fall in love and then they will die and you will be sad and then you will see that they have left you stuff in their will and then you will no longer be sad)
    -Et cetera
    wtf

ReputationRep:
    Learn languages or work out is what I usually do

Or read about things that interest me i.e economics, philosophy, current events, international history and modern technology particularly AI

But between 2 jobs and college free time is limited
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I agree with languages. (including programming)

Musical instrument

What are your current interests? What do you study?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    My work uses an enormous amount of my self taught excel skills.

The number of people who say on application forms that they're expert excel users who can't produce a simple pivot table or use the vlookup function properly is ridiculous. And if you send me a 3d barchart with default colours/scales/layout I'm going to assume you understand nothing about data visualisation.

That plus people who claim to be proficient with word but don't use styles to format their documents:facepalm:

Sign language basics is useful for all sorts of reasons.

Telephone skills are hugely underrated because we all hate using the phone to talk.

Being able to find your way around photoshop and/or css web design will open up opportunities in most jobs.

Writing well - being able to knock together a short reprt/paper/blog post without spending days editing and redrafting...producing a clear narrative for non fiction is a great skill that will carry across roles.

ReputationRep:
    Computer Skills
    Music Skills
    Language
    Dance

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Top bloke skills to learn:

Unclipping a girls bra using only one hand.

Synchro' gush - timing one's pee to finish precisely at the same time as the toilet finishes flushing. (Useful to maximise pub drinking time and avoiding 'tintbowlism').

Perfect the art and phrase 'la la la I'm not listening' without the use of ear plugs.

Master P.R.F. (Pick Roll Flick) using one hand whilst driving.

Break wind without making a sound or flinching. Very useful in mixed crowded places where one needs to remain inconspicuous but nevertheless let nature take it's course.

ReputationRep:
    Languages are always useful. You could choose depending on your currently idea of your career trajectory whether programming, british sign language/makaton or french/german/chinese etc would be most useful.

Being physically fit/athletic is never a bad thing either.

Other things to do would be art, musical instrument (you can pick up a cheap keyboard on gumtree), volunteering, fundraising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)

Synchro' gush - timing one's pee to finish precisely at the same time as the toilet finishes flushing. (Useful to maximise pub drinking time and avoiding 'tintbowlism'.

Perfect the art and phrase 'la la la I'm not listening' without the use of ear plugs.

Break wind without making a sound or flinching. Very useful in mixed crowded places where one needs to remain inconspicuous but nevertheless let nature take it's course.
    sorry im not a fuccboi lol

ReputationRep:

Synchro' gush - timing one's pee to finish precisely at the same time as the toilet finishes flushing. (Useful to maximise pub drinking time and avoiding 'tintbowlism').

****ing Pervert

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    -Languages
    -Et cetera
    You've been watching too much TV

Synchro' gush - timing one's pee to finish precisely at the same time as the toilet finishes flushing. (Useful to maximise pub drinking time and avoiding 'tintbowlism'.

What about if you're gay?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

whisper
    girls fart too
    And we pick our noses and ignore people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExamsAreOver)
    Useful skills to learn during spare time?
    Martial arts
    Bicycle mechanics
    Cooking
    Driving (transport or industrial machinery such as forklifts)
    Optical equipment maintenance
    Welding
    Fitness instructing

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.