The Student Room Group

MPhil Architecture & Urban Design/ Urban Studies

Dear all,

I am considering applying for a MPhil at Cambridge but I am torn between MPhil Architecture & Urban Design and MPhil Architecture & Urban Studies.

I am mainly interested in Urban Design but I dont have Architecture background but Planning. But my previous degree at Brookes is urban design focused so I want to continue this path.

I am just wondering if anyone on this forum has done either the course could give me an insight as to what modules these courses comprise of, their content, and what you think about them. I have already tried to search on Cambridge website & google but little information is available but the names of modules. Also Im interested to know what Cambridge admission looks for in candidate's portfolio.

Thank you very much.
Meo
Are you able to visit? Maybe ask the uni to put you in touch with current or former students? Generally admissions tutors are looking for suitability for the course so talk about your skills and experience, why Cambridge and this course and what your career plans are. Maybe email the course director to find out more about the courses and get an idea of which one is better for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending