Turn on thread page Beta
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    If you own a tablet, what do you use it for? And what made you opt for it over a smartphone or laptop for that purpose?

As a huge anime fan who lives in the middle of nowhere, mine basically serves as a portable video player for when I'm travelling - bigger screen than any smartphone, while lighter and more compact than a laptop. :yes:
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    If you own a tablet, what do you use it for? And what made you opt for it over a smartphone or laptop for that purpose?

As a huge anime fan who lives in the middle of nowhere, mine basically serves as a portable video player for when I'm travelling - bigger screen than any smartphone, while lighter and more compact than a laptop. :yes:
    I go through phases of using my tablet. It's mainly for games which are easier to play on a larger screen, such as sims, which are more detailed. It's great for multiplayer games too, as a bigger screen means there's more space for others to play with you. It has the app store, which is an advantage over my laptop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I take it with me if I go away. TSR and FB are easier to use on my tablet than mobile. My laptop (even my 2 in 1) is a bit bulky to take away with me.

I also like a really addictive game called 20.

Mine is an ipad (which I think is going to die soon) and the games I can get on there are completely different to what I can get on my android smartphone.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yay, first non-ST member to answer

I use it to play games and watch youtube when I'm in bed and cba to walk over to my laptop

For games like Angry Birds or Candy Crush and browsing the internet.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yay, first non-ST member to answer

I use it to play games and watch youtube when I'm in bed and cba to walk over to my laptop
    Much appreciated. :p:

Watching stuff in bed is another thing I've used mine for, thinking about it, especially when I'm ill or when it's really cold! Unfortunately, my wifi internet doesn't quite reach my bed, so it requires some planning ahead. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I have a laptop, smartphone and a tablet. My laptop stays in my uni room, my phone comes with me everywhere, and I take my tablet out with me sometimes. I use my phone most of the time, rather than my tablet, for checking my timetable, chatting to classmates, looking things up online etc. However, I do take my tablet with me when I go to the library, so that if there aren't any computers available, I can go to the silent study area and use my tablet to use the internet etc there (I find I work better in the library than in my room, as my room is right next to the entrance to my block so it's noisy a lot of the time)

ReputationRep:
    I use my tablet for Instagram, it has a better camera. The App also works better on my tablet as on my phone it always crops the image automatically where as on my tablet I can crop the photo the way I want to. My phone also only shows a limited range of filters, whereas my tablet shows them all.

ReputationRep:
    Relieving headaches.

ReputationRep:
    I have an iPad mini that was something of an impulse buy after I got a massive discount on one from work. I barely remember to charge it most of the time (although when I do and I'm home I mostly use it for listening to the radio through iPlayer when I'm working/cleaning etc. because the speakers seem better than my phone), but when I have to travel I use it to read via the Kindle app, and sometimes as a replacement for my laptop if I don't have much room in my bag although typing anything longer than a "thanks for the info" email is a pain in the rear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

I use mine mainly for posting here on TSR.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.