Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I personally use this and have done so for a couple of years now. I went through phases of using Fudge et al, but in terms of providing a strong hold, they didn't really do the job.

Just curious though. How widely/commonly used is Dax Wax?
    I use the wax in the red tin.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the biggest bunch of **** ever! Basically car grease. OMFG how can you use it, its terrible , I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!

Sorry about that rant, try American Crew Pomade, that stuff rocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnkuk)
    I thought it was the biggest bunch of **** ever! Basically car grease. OMFG how can you use it, its terrible , I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!

Sorry about that rant, try American Crew Pomade, that stuff rocks!
    is there an alternative then?

it does the job for me, my hair gets quite thick, and quickly too. Hence my need for some seriously strong stuff to maintain my hair style.

what can create a strong mould then, besides Dax Wax?

ReputationRep:
    I have the thickest hair ever and it works for me.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnkuk)
    I have the thickest hair ever and it works for me.....
    for the health of the hair, for example, is this stuff you recommend....err, good, a healthy choice??

sure, dax looks like ass but it does the job for me. So if there's some other crazily sticky/strong stuff that's out on the market, then i'm interested to hear of it, and how and why it's better than my amigo Dax Wax :cool:

I'll google what you recommend at some point tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    You have to use american crew fibre or something similar with it though, that provides the hold the pomade provides mainly the shine.

Uhh curious to know but is it in a plastic tub but has a tin lid???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Uhh curious to know but is it in a plastic tub but has a tin lid???
    none of it is plastic, it's all tin.

ReputationRep:
    My ex used to use the blue Dax in a tin. I LOVE the smell :coma:

ReputationRep:
    oh c'mon, it's a harmless aroma really. I use the red tinned stuff. Trouble with 'Fudge' though, that stuff smells strong, STRONG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    oh c'mon, it's a harmless aroma really. I use the red tinned stuff. Trouble with 'Fudge' though, that stuff smells strong, STRONG.
    I've never heard of 'Fudge'. It might be a harmless smell but it's bloody sexy!

ReputationRep:
    Dizzee Rascal uses it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    I've never heard of 'Fudge'. It might be a harmless smell but it's bloody sexy!
    you've just used the coma icon and then said it's sexy? The looks it can create are shexy? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashbourne1)
    Dizzee Rascal uses it
    that's because he's the ****ing man

ReputationRep:
    you've just used the coma icon and then said it's sexy? The looks it can create are shexy? :confused:
    As in I was comatosed by the smell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sausage)
    As in I was comatosed by the smell
    so the smell sucks but the looks it creates is ok? Because being in a coma can't be all that sexy can it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    so the smell sucks but the looks it creates is ok? Because being in a coma can't be all that sexy can it? :rolleyes:
    haha no! You're even confusing me now!

The smell is sexy, which is why i used the :coma: face thingy. ALSO, the look it creates is sexy so again, I put the :coma:

:rolleyes: men

ReputationRep:
    totally got it now :rolleyes:

so being comatosed is a metaphor for, erm, being knocked out into a state of sexiness....???

ReputationRep:
    totally got it now :rolleyes:

so being comatosed is a metaphor for, erm, being knocked out into a state of sexiness....???
    Exactly! Welcome to the world of women. :p:

Didnt know you can get Dax Wax, first I have heard of this one. I know you can get Dax hair oil which is for afro caribbean hair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.