Turn on thread page Beta

Sad about moving house watch

I'm 20 years old and I still live at home with my parents. The house that I currently live in I have lived in all my life and all my memories are here, however my mum and dad have sold the house and we're moving to a house that is much bigger. We're only moving about a mile away from where we live now so I will still be living in the same area and I will be closer to some of my friends but I am feeling a bit sad because I will be leaving all my childhood memories behind and my old pet dog is buried at the bottom of the garden. I am a sentimental guy and I am concerned that I won't be able to create any memories in the new house before I move out and get my own place.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can offer any advice or anything like that/
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 20 years old and I still live at home with my parents. The house that I currently live in I have lived in all my life and all my memories are here, however my mum and dad have sold the house and we're moving to a house that is much bigger. We're only moving about a mile away from where we live now so I will still be living in the same area and I will be closer to some of my friends but I am feeling a bit sad because I will be leaving all my childhood memories behind and my old pet dog is buried at the bottom of the garden. I am a sentimental guy and I am concerned that I won't be able to create any memories in the new house before I move out and get my own place.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and can offer any advice or anything like that/
    I spent 14 years in the same house, moved for uni but then my family decided they needed to get out of that estate to somewhere else for a fresh start which was understandable in the circumstances. I was slightly worried, as that house helped to trigger my memories of my dad and of my grandparents who had lived down the road for years before they died (although that house did cause me many sleepless nights with all of the bad memories too) , however if you truly try hard enough you wont lose those memories. Maybe take some photos of the place before you move that should help. And remember its generally the people that make a place not the place itself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.