Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was driving on the M25 earlier on and there was a 50mph speed limit. I was going at about 53mph with people still going faster than me. First question, why do some people speed when there's a speed limit in place? Am I missing something?
    Then there was a car to the left of me, the front of their car was inline with the middle of my car, and we were going at the same speed. I didn't want to speed up because I would really have had to speed to do that, but I couldn't slow down because there was a bloody Romanian coach so close to me I could barely see its lights! (I'd seen this coach doing crazy jerky pulling out infront of other cars crap earlier.) This bloody coach then starts flashing his lights, at least 6 or 7 times. This really pissed me to be honest and I know this was a little childish, but I thought I'd try and piss him off a bit more. Looking back on it now I should have just let him speed and get caught! Nevermind:rolleyes: meh
    carsi

ReputationRep:
    Im the same, I dont like to speed but it pisses me right off when I get some idiot sitting on my bumper expecting it to speed me up a bit.
    Sometimes when im in a particaully bad mood Ill break a bit- just enough to flash my brake lights at them as if to say 'Back off you ******'

It usually works.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand were you in the outside lane or something, why didn't the Romanian coach overtake you?

ReputationRep:
    It was 4 lanes and I was in the 2nd one (I always get confused between the inside and outside lanes) but he could have overtaken me Im sure

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't really be moving at the same speed as the cars on the inside lane.

How far ahead was the car infront of you?

ReputationRep:
    i dunno i can;t remember now, but there was a speed limit there which I wasn't going to break anymore than I already was!

ReputationRep:
    It was busy on the M25 today was up and down it this afternoon. I tend to keep with the speed everyone else is at.

ReputationRep:
    imo entirely your fault if you are moving slower than most of the other traffic you should be in the furthest lane left

ReputationRep:
    Either speed up and get over to the left hand side or drive on your brake and ignore the coach behind you.

Like someone has already said - you should not be driving at the same speed as those on your left. Remember that the middle-lane is not a cruising lane, it is an overtaking one. So get back over to the left.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a sec..why were you in the middle lane if you weren't going faster than cars on the inside lane? Learn to drive, people like you that cause all the congestion on our roads

Quick flash of the main beam sometimes sorts the problem of middle lane freaks

ReputationRep:
    It was 4 lanes. Also I would have had to have done at least 60 to get infront of the car next to me and be a safe distance from them.

In a 50 zone

And another thing, the car to the left of me left the motorway pretty soon after this and I pulled into the slow lane and let the ******* coach speed off at at least 60-65. Turned out the reason it was a 50 was because of the men setting up roadworks, and the minute the coach went past me a workman ran from the inside to the outside lane across the motorway. Clever to be speeding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by çarşı)
    I was driving on the M25 earlier on and there was a 50mph speed limit. I was going at about 53mph with people still going faster than me. First question, why do some people speed when there's a speed limit in place? Am I missing something?
    Then there was a car to the left of me, the front of their car was inline with the middle of my car, and we were going at the same speed. I didn't want to speed up because I would really have had to speed to do that, but I couldn't slow down because there was a bloody Romanian coach so close to me I could barely see its lights! (I'd seen this coach doing crazy jerky pulling out infront of other cars crap earlier.) This bloody coach then starts flashing his lights, at least 6 or 7 times. This really pissed me to be honest and I know this was a little childish, but I thought I'd try and piss him off a bit more. Looking back on it now I should have just let him speed and get caught! Nevermind:rolleyes: meh
    carsi
    so you drive 30 in 30 zones do you? and stick to 70 on the motorway? so few people speed everyday anyway including you (unless you are 80 years old and drive 20 everywhere)

these people telling you to get over and learn to drive are just impatient. you were exeeding the speed limit anyway so therefore you have the right to be in the 2nd lane. the coach was just impatient and although you would have really annoyed me for going slow you did nothing wrong.

from a common sense point of view, get in the left lane and stay there

ReputationRep:
    im not going to say stick to the limit because hardlys anybody ever does and its not *that* essential, but dont ever let anybody not even a coach influence your speed. he wont barge into you and if he does hes in the ****!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=focusST]so you drive 30 in 30 zones do you? and stick to 70 on the motorway? [QUOTE]

when there is a camera then yea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by çarşı)
    carsi
    I would run you off the road.

There are far to many retarded drivers who have no clue what they are doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by çarşı)
    i dunno i can;t remember now, but there was a speed limit there which I wasn't going to break anymore than I already was!
    But you weren't in the inside lane.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going the same speed as the people to the left of you, get into that lane. I can't stand people that cruise in the middle lanes.

ReputationRep:
    so all you lot would have decided to speed would you?

We approached the 50 zone, we all seemed to slow at the same time, if I wanted to get infront of the car then I would have had to have broken the speed limit. If I wanted to pull in behind the car then I would have had to slow down considerably, risk getting the coach ram me up the behind and then squeeze myself in between the two cars that were pretty close together already.

And I'm not a ****** to whoever said that

ReputationRep:
    You're not a ****er, you just need to learn how to use the roads, especially motorways.

ReputationRep:
    ok, but I didnt call myself a w*****....I said ****** but it put it into stars:confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.