Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help? I have a pretty bad squint. I had surgery when i was 4 to correct my muscles in my eye. I wear glasses. I can see 20/25 with glasses and 20/40 without. What are the military requirements (uk) Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rc1299)
    Can anyone help? I have a pretty bad squint. I had surgery when i was 4 to correct my muscles in my eye. I wear glasses. I can see 20/25 with glasses and 20/40 without. What are the military requirements (uk) Thanks for any help.
    The unhelpful answer is that they are different depending on what you want to do. Some require virtually perfect uncorrected vision, others won't.

ReputationRep:
    Eyesight requirements vary for many different jobs, and different jobs can have different requirements for each eye. You need to be a lot more specific. The short answer is with that vision level you would be eligible to join most regiments/corps in the British Army (I do not know about the other services), however I am not a medical expert so cannot say if there is anything else eye related that may disbar you.

ReputationRep:
    Second part of the RAF application is to get an eye test, which is done with a civilian company. You do the test, then the form is submitted to Cranwell. From there, they should be able to tell you what you can and cant do.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.