Turn on thread page Beta

Are you good looking? Get a rating out of a hundred. watch

(Original post by n0b0dy)
    noooo... the coconut ones... mmmmmm.... :coma:

u have to get them from the turk shops u see..
    There's coconut ones? lmfao..

Where can I buy this "coconut delight"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0b0dy)
    Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Galatasaray.. well done im proud :^_^:
    Haha, i shouldn't come across as trying to show off my turkish credentials. I have seen the Turkish fans at Anfield though a few times and ther always amazing, even at 8-0 down :P

ReputationRep:
    tuckingfypo: turkey :^_^:

izaldo: u should have been a turk :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    turkish fans are top-class alright (only ones I could compare them to are the argentinian fans), but the standard of football is pretty ****e really.

few of the commentators on the box going on about how a turkish side would be in the champions league final in the next 5 years. i'm sorry, but that's a pile of ****e.

ReputationRep:
    teo: im trying not to be biased but i dont think they r that bad actually, their determination, and some of the time tackling is top-class.. they dont give up even if it looks hopeless, like in the croatia case..

ReputationRep:
    Nah, There is quality in their sides in the top teams but they will always remain stuck at a level similar to Porto, PSV, Lyon i.e. limited by the fact that their domestic leagues mean they don't require or can't hold on to the quality players that win you European Cups. Russian teams like Zenit will find their level soon enough, too.

ReputationRep:
    i always lead the hijack of this thread, i apologize.. back to the thread..

^89

ReputationRep:
    i'm not talking about the national team. i'm talking about the domestic league.

the key thing is now that the likes of nihat and tuncay are playing outside turkey. hopefully arda turan will move to la liga as well. what club side does mehmet aurelio play for btw? he's a decent holding midfielder.

i agree about their heart, was really good to see even tonight when they went down after the second german goal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)
    i'm not talking about the national team. i'm talking about the domestic league.

the key thing is now that the likes of nihat and tuncay are playing outside turkey. hopefully arda turan will move to la liga as well. what club side does mehmet aurelio play for btw? he's a decent holding midfielder.

i agree about their heart, was really good to see even tonight when they went down after the second german goal..
    Plays for Fener iirc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izaldo)
    Nah, There is quality in their sides in the top teams but they will always remain stuck at a level similar to Porto, PSV, Lyon i.e. limited by the fact that their domestic leagues mean they don't require or can't hold on to the quality players that win you European Cups. Russian teams like Zenit will find their level soon enough, too.
    yea that's it.

i don't reckon they're on the level of Lyon or even Porto though.

ReputationRep:
    Plays for Fener iirc.
    Cheers. He also looks suspiciously like Patrick Vieira..

ReputationRep:
    Plays for Fener iirc.
    confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    yea that's it.

i don't reckon they're on the level of Lyon or even Porto though.
    I'd say they are below Lyon and Porto, but Fener are probably better than most of the second class league's 2nd sides - the Rangers, Feyenoord, Marseille and Sporting's of this world. My point was more that as much as the top sides improve, they will be held back by the overall lack of quality in the league and being able to win most games at a canter. See the stagnation of Ricardo Quaresma as a perfect example!

I think we agree in principle, odd time and place for it though!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. He also looks suspiciously like Patrick Vieira..
    Nailed on UK Eurovision fella lookalike imo.

ReputationRep:
    abraham? loool so thats who it was.. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    don't know him.

i find it odd that, given turkey's reputation as a nation of emigrants (stereotyping i know) a few of their best players are not actually turkish..

ReputationRep:
    don't know him.

i find it odd that, given turkey's reputation as a nation of emigrants (stereotyping i know) a few of their best players are not actually turkish..

hmm... i found it similarly odd that some of the swiss teams best players were turkish.. e.g. hakan yakin.. legend.

ReputationRep:
    don't know him.

Alright Aldo?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey i'm in school, i have nothing for the next two hours, but i'm not allowed on here.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.