Turn on thread page Beta

Police investigation is making me unwell watch

Basically the Police are investigating a historic case, in which I was a witness too. I don't remember much at all, however the nature of the crime is very serious and I knew the victim. Having been close friends with her brother for many many years through school.

The police had been in contact with family out of blue and subsequently got a hold of me. I was shocked to hear about it.

I keep trying to think back to that day in question nearly a decade ago and thinking about the circumstances, who was present, who came and who went. I just can't recollect and it frustrates me.

I've even gone to the extent to try and retrace my own steps. Not suggesting I committed the offence as if I did I'd be the first to know.

The point is, I keep replaying it over and over in my head. The events of that day and it's causing a lot of distress and anxiety. I'm always anxious with police as I got arrested at a fairly young age for a serious crime before and it was traumatic. Whenever I am in contact with police I now get nervous excessively, as always assume I'll be accused.

The event has also brought about a feeling of nostalgia. Lately, I've been having rough times and thinking about this case has made me think about my times with my childhood friend (victims bro). We had such good times, he was a real laugh. Just want to rewind time and go back.

Good job I'm seeing my therapist next week!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.