Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if i lost mine??

i was registered in london but i dnt live there now, what do i do?

ReputationRep:
    You will need to buy a new one

ReputationRep:
    How far away from London are you?

try going to your local birth registration office thing and asking them.

Or, if you ever happen to be passing, pop in to where you were registered with around £7and you'll get a copy there and then.

ReputationRep:
    not far, but i cant be bothered to go back just to get one!! £7.. damn it. i have no money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlWho)
    not far, but i cant be bothered to go back just to get one!! £7.. damn it. i have no money.
    Hmm.. it may end up being worth it.. As you'll need a copy of your birth certificate for all things in life, couldn't you get your mum to pay?

If your local place can't help, you'll have to head back to London.

ReputationRep:
    what do i do if i lost mine??

i was registered in london but i dnt live there now, what do i do?
    You need to:

For less recent births

You can obtain certificates of birth, marriages and deaths in any of the following ways:

In person from the Family Records Centre (FRC)
    By Post, telephone or fax from the General Register Office in Southport
    Locally from the register office where the event was originally registered (see above)
    Email enquiries about certificate services in England and Wales can be sent to [email protected]

For full details, including current fees, visit the Office for National Statistics website.

http://www.birthchoiceuk.com/BirthCh...ertificate.htm

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what? You could always blame student services for then loosing it and they will then have to buy you a new one. Thats what I am gonna do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    Do you know what? You could always blame student services for then loosing it and they will then have to buy you a new one. Thats what I am gonna do

Only works if you sent it by recorded delivery and can prove they received it...

ReputationRep:
    I lost mine recently and needed to get another.

You can get it in two forms - a big one and a more condensed one. I think the detailed one is £10 and the mini one (which can be used for most stuff e.g. passports etc.) £7.

Contact your local office, I doubt whether you will need to go to London - they could probably arrange for a copy to be made in London, and forwarded to the registry office in your locale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Only works if you sent it by recorded delivery and can prove they received it...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    My mum doesnt even have a birth certificate, and she seems to be getting along fine. (I have always cruelly used this fact as an excuse to confirm that she really is an extraterrestrial)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firebladez777.5)
    My mum doesnt even have a birth certificate, and she seems to be getting along fine. (I have always cruelly used this fact as an excuse to confirm that she really is an extraterrestrial)
    You usually need it as proof of identity and age, my mum needed hers when starting a new job.

EDIT: Your mum will have one, even if she doesn't have a copy herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You usually need it as proof of identity and age, my mum needed hers when starting a new job.
    And what job was this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It's also needed to get a Passport and, ironically (but logically), a Death Certificate - among other things.

ReputationRep:
    And what job was this
    a very important one :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    It's also needed to get a Passport and, ironically (but logically), a Death Certificate - among other things.
    Death

ReputationRep:
    Death
    *****y, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    *****y, isn't it?
    Sure is, however, I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to a few UKL members :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sure is, however, I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to a few UKL members :eek:
    Well, it's never too early to be prepared - I went shopping for a tombstone yesterday, but there's already a mistake in the inscription.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's never too early to be prepared - I went shopping for a tombstone yesterday, but there's already a mistake in the inscription.

hehe :cool:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.