The Student Room Group

what should i do? change 6th form, stay at my boarding school or gap year

I'm currently at a boarding school- I hate boarding whilst I love the school, so I think i'm going to leave. It being this late in the year, I can join our local school but I tried the induction day there and hated it- my classes will have 25 people, and also my rather controlling twin sister goes there and is laying out the boundaries of who I definitely can NOT make friends with. The other option is to take a year out- learn a language, volunteering etc- and apply for year 12 to start next year. As i'm young for my year, this seems like an okay otion but don't know what it'd be like! opinions please, i'm very confused. should just stay at my currently school?
Thanks
Original post by eviebrizzle
I'm currently at a boarding school- I hate boarding whilst I love the school, so I think i'm going to leave. It being this late in the year, I can join our local school but I tried the induction day there and hated it- my classes will have 25 people, and also my rather controlling twin sister goes there and is laying out the boundaries of who I definitely can NOT make friends with. The other option is to take a year out- learn a language, volunteering etc- and apply for year 12 to start next year. As i'm young for my year, this seems like an okay otion but don't know what it'd be like! opinions please, i'm very confused. should just stay at my currently school?
Thanks

You can't just leave if you're under 18: https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school

Doesn't your current school accept day pupils? Have you spoken to anyone at your current school about why boarding is making you unhappy? It seems like finding a way to stay put without being miserable would be the best option.

Quick Reply

Latest