The Student Room Group

As one of only a handful of elite, international law firms, how do you think Shearman

I wrote like 80 words for this question... (80/250).

Please help. Someone give me examples of what to write about.

I can't think of anything else but the rest of my app is good.

Also, can I give 2-3 reasons why S&S LPP has a competitive advantage or does it have to be one reason and I go into great detail? My friend says I must give one reason...
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
What does the question say? Unless it says something like "what is the key/main/one" I can't see why you are limited to saying one thing.

And just read their website and see how they sell their services to their clients. Just ensure you don't C&P the answer - put it in your own words.

Ok thank you. I gave three different reasons...

By the way, are you a law student applying for VS/TCs?
Reply 2
If you write 80 words, be sure that you'll be rejected as soon as they read it. They stressed out last year that writing little in the answers is a sign of not being serious about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by _Fergo
If you write 80 words, be sure that you'll be rejected as soon as they read it. They stressed out last year that writing little in the answers is a sign of not being serious about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know roughly how long they take to reply for winter vacation schemes?
Reply 4
Original post by Da Di Doo
Do you know roughly how long they take to reply for winter vacation schemes?

They said they usually sort out apps following the deadline, though they may well start handing out rejections a bit before it.
Reply 5
Has anyone heard from Shearman & Sterling yet regarding the winter vacation scheme?
Reply 6
Original post by xoxoF
Has anyone heard from Shearman & Sterling yet regarding the winter vacation scheme?

When did you apply? I applied on the 4th and still haven't heard anything. If they don't contact me this week then I'm assuming it's a pfo lol.
Reply 7
When did you apply? I applied on the 4th and still haven't heard anything. If they don't contact me this week then I'm assuming it's a pfo lol.

Hey, I applied on 6th and still have not heard back. Yeah I'm going to wait till next week & then email grad rec. I hope it's good news for both of us! Did you apply for the London office?
Reply 8
Original post by xoxoF
Hey, I applied on 6th and still have not heard back. Yeah I'm going to wait till next week & then email grad rec. I hope it's good news for both of us! Did you apply for the London office?

Yes I applied for the London office.

Do you mean 6th October? I applied on the 4th November - the deadline date lol.

I don't think we should be worrying too much at this point because not too many people have been hearing from the firm.
Reply 9
Yes I applied for the London office.

Do you mean 6th October? I applied on the 4th November - the deadline date lol.

I don't think we should be worrying too much at this point because not too many people have been hearing from the firm.

Lol was the deadline the 4th? I applied on the deadline then. I applied to quite a few firms and forgot the dates, I've only heard back from one firm and got a video interview for them. Good luck with everything & I hope you hear back soon ☺️
Original post by xoxoF
Lol was the deadline the 4th? I applied on the deadline then. I applied to quite a few firms and forgot the dates, I've only heard back from one firm and got a video interview for them. Good luck with everything & I hope you hear back soon ☺️

Original post by xoxoF

Just wondering if either of you heard back from them? Still haven't so I'm assuming a PFO
Reply 11
Original post by greenmelon
Just wondering if either of you heard back from them? Still haven't so I'm assuming a PFO

Hi, nope have not heard anything back yet so Im guessing it's a rejection for me. Some firms just never reply, I know a current trainee who applied to a firm 2 years ago and that firm has still not formally rejected her via email or anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending