The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Unregistered
Hi there,

I am really wanting to become a doctor and then maybe working up to become a Pathologist but I am really worried that I will screw up my GCSEs and be nothing but a drop out worker at Tesco.

Can any of you guys give me any grades or something I need to work up to to get where I want to go.

Thanks

I think straight A s will do you good. Universities won't mind if you have a couple of B s as long as you get A s in science and maths.
Good luck
Reply 2
Kelvin
I think straight A s will do you good. Universities won't mind if you have a couple of B s as long as you get A s in science and maths.
Good luck

scenario:

Tom studied gcse's but was never interested in any subject therefore got average results (all C's), now in college Tom found him self extremely interested in Computing and gained an A grade at A level computing. now Tom is studying computer science at university...

question:

say for example tom, gained a phd or something similar and went ahead to apply for a job abroad (e.g. U.S.A) ... could the employer not give tom the job just because his gcse results were average.
Reply 3
Unregistered
scenario:

Tom studied gcse's but was never interested in any subject therefore got average results (all C's), now in college Tom found him self extremely interested in Computing and gained an A grade at A level computing. now Tom is studying computer science at university...

question:

say for example tom, gained a phd or something similar and went ahead to apply for a job abroad (e.g. U.S.A) ... could the employer not give tom the job just because his gcse results were average.

The employer could and would do as he so pleased, though that would be well harsh.

Phil
Reply 4
The best thing to do is not worry about it until thursday. When thursday arrives you can then start thinkin about makin the most of the results you've got. And don't worry, i'm sure you're not gonna end up @ tesco - if need be you can re-sit, although i'm sure if you have worked hard it won't be necessary.

Good Luck

d xx
Reply 5
dee
The best thing to do is not worry about it until thursday. When thursday arrives you can then start thinkin about makin the most of the results you've got. And don't worry, i'm sure you're not gonna end up @ tesco - if need be you can re-sit, although i'm sure if you have worked hard it won't be necessary.

Good Luck

d xx

If ya drink enough, you can forget all about it

Phil
Reply 6
I'm sure you'll be fine. But even if things do go worse that you hoped, you can always resit subjects you felt you could do better in. There are so many different options that you can do and courses you can take that you're bound to find one that you will enjoy.
Reply 7
i to wanna be a doctor, dont worry they rely on a level results more than GCSE, some uni's only require 5 A-C's in GCSE, but then they want AAB in a levels, so its always possible.
Reply 8
and wots wrong wiv tescos! haha

well sure u'll b fine...good luck i get mine thursday too! :-(

Latest

Trending

Trending