Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was given an essay question 'Assess the effectiveness of Plato's dualism in explaining the world' and I am struggling to know what to write about as there isn't much dualism in AS philosophy or i just can't find it and then the structure. Anyone please help.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'd start with looking up what dualism means and how Plato and others use it. Then think specifically about how he uses it to explain the world. Then think about how effective it is and maybe compare and contrast to other people who had similar ideas or used dualism?

ReputationRep:
    compare with aristotle

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!" For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

(Original post by jess_the_hobbit)
    I was given an essay question 'Assess the effectiveness of Plato's dualism in explaining the world' and I am struggling to know what to write about as there isn't much dualism in AS philosophy or i just can't find it and then the structure. Anyone please help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.