Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My daughter is looking to study physical geography and Exeter is one of the potential choices.

The open day at Penryn didn't have any Physical Geography lecturers available to talk too, so she is really unsure whether to include it in the 5 choices.

She is keen to study Hazards / Volcanos

Her other choices are Reading / Sussex / Royal Holloway and Aberystwyth

Any students able to give some feedback on Penryn??

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valespark2)
    Hi,

My daughter is looking to study physical geography and Exeter is one of the potential choices.

The open day at Penryn didn't have any Physical Geography lecturers available to talk too, so she is really unsure whether to include it in the 5 choices.

She is keen to study Hazards / Volcanos

Her other choices are Reading / Sussex / Royal Holloway and Aberystwyth

Any students able to give some feedback on Penryn??

Thanks
    Hi
    I am at the University of Exeter studying Physical Geography in second year but I am on the Streatham Campus which is actually in Exeter but the modules are fairly similar. I also have friends studying at Penryn, Reading and Holloway and they are all loving their courses.
    I have a love of Volcanoes and natural hazards, there was only one module last year based on it and there is one module this year but it is next semester. As you get more advanced into the topic it becomes more of a geology topic, I was considering doing my dissertation on this area however my tutor advised me not to as there are no geology based modules to look into and if you investigate risk it becomes more of a human geography area.
    I would recommend looking at the modules for the courses, just google them and they should all come up stage 1 is year one, stage 2 is year two etc. although these could potentially change.
    Exeter is a really good university and there is so much support for students. I was very much in love with volcanoes but Glaciers have taken my heart now! But you need to be brave to study new things.
    Feel free to message me if you want anymore information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningoutoftime)
    Hi
    I am at the University of Exeter studying Physical Geography in second year but I am on the Streatham Campus which is actually in Exeter but the modules are fairly similar. I also have friends studying at Penryn, Reading and Holloway and they are all loving their courses.
    I have a love of Volcanoes and natural hazards, there was only one module last year based on it and there is one module this year but it is next semester. As you get more advanced into the topic it becomes more of a geology topic, I was considering doing my dissertation on this area however my tutor advised me not to as there are no geology based modules to look into and if you investigate risk it becomes more of a human geography area.
    I would recommend looking at the modules for the courses, just google them and they should all come up stage 1 is year one, stage 2 is year two etc. although these could potentially change.
    Exeter is a really good university and there is so much support for students. I was very much in love with volcanoes but Glaciers have taken my heart now! But you need to be brave to study new things.
    Feel free to message me if you want anymore information
    Thank you for taking the time to answer, it is much appreciated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 2, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.