Turn on thread page Beta

Graphic Products GCSE board game coursework watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've just started doing my Graphics GCSE coursework (I'm in year 10), and we were given three brief options: the chocolate bar and outer, the cinema display stand and ticket and the promotional CD pack. I didn't prefer any of the briefs and therefore asked my teacher about doing a different one. So unlike the rest of my class who are doing the set briefs, I'm doing the board game brief. As I'm doing a different project my teacher doesn't have any examples of course work for me so i was wondering if anyone who has done this brief or is doing it at the moment could help me out? At the moment I'm doing my 2D design research and I don't know if I'm putting the right stuff on my powerpoint (I've analysed one board of a board game and two instruction manuals), it would be really handy if anyone could share their own slides from their coursework if they have it or give any advice. If you want me to post what I've done already just ask!

Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    I've done this if it's for the wjec exam board, I can't send you my work but I think there is a lot of help online if you look it up, and trust me, it's easier than you think. keep getting constant feedback from your teacher and it honestly helps alot, I thought I was lost when I did this and in my head, i was doomed to fail, my teacher didn't even know what he was doing because he was a substitute. Just put in so much detail that the exam board could have anything to critique you on and you'll do amazing. I thought I would get a D and achieved a high A so just remember the sky's the limit with this course and the more you put in the more you get out of it. One piece of advice is that it is so hard to manage to do all of the course worksheets in time as the designing tends to run over your coursework sheet timetable, so don't dilly dally and towards the end of the year if you think you might be behind in the slightest then stay behind because it's worth it. Hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BH1234)
    I've done this if it's for the wjec exam board, I can't send you my work but I think there is a lot of help online if you look it up, and trust me, it's easier than you think. keep getting constant feedback from your teacher and it honestly helps alot, I thought I was lost when I did this and in my head, i was doomed to fail, my teacher didn't even know what he was doing because he was a substitute. Just put in so much detail that the exam board could have anything to critique you on and you'll do amazing. I thought I would get a D and achieved a high A so just remember the sky's the limit with this course and the more you put in the more you get out of it. One piece of advice is that it is so hard to manage to do all of the course worksheets in time as the designing tends to run over your coursework sheet timetable, so don't dilly dally and towards the end of the year if you think you might be behind in the slightest then stay behind because it's worth it. Hope it goes well
    Thank you so much for the advice! I feel like my teacher hardly knows what she's doing and I've been so worried. I'm trying to pack information into every corner just to cover everything they could pick up on! Luckily we've done a lot of smaller projects in preparation for this course so hopefully it all goes well! Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twizzy)
    Thank you so much for the advice! I feel like my teacher hardly knows what she's doing and I've been so worried. I'm trying to pack information into every corner just to cover everything they could pick up on! Luckily we've done a lot of smaller projects in preparation for this course so hopefully, it all goes well! Thank you again
    Dont worry about thinking your teacher doesnt know anything becuase my teacher was actually a electronics teacher and wasnt even qualified to do graphics gcse i dont think! at the end of the day if youre stuck and dont think they can help go to the head of the graphics department at your school and get them to take a look at your work, its much better advice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.