Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically is messed up my alevels & got DDE very bad, the thing is i gt a letter on the 16th saying my course has changed & that i need to reply by the 4th of sept, but i did in a panic & when i went to get my results i was really dissapointed. I want to resit but want to know is it possible now that ive accepted a place or is there a way i can now say no.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    They cant make you go there, so really if you dont want to go, contact them telling them that you no longer want your place.
    Unless you have signed any accommodation agreements that mean you are obliged to pay your accommodation fees or something I dont see why you wouldnt be able to just not go

Can I ask though, if you still got into Uni, why would you re-sit your A-levels?
    Was it not your first choice uni or not the course you wanted or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    They cant make you go there, so really if you dont want to go, contact them telling them that you no longer want your place.
    Unless you have signed any accommodation agreements that mean you are obliged to pay your accommodation fees or something I dont see why you wouldnt be able to just not go

Can I ask though, if you still got into Uni, why would you re-sit your A-levels?
    Was it not your first choice uni or not the course you wanted or something?
    I do want to go there, i just dont want to have regrets in the future that i could have improved my grades & didnt, i wanted C's but 2 D's & an E isnt what i expected at all.

Im staying at home, & o do i contact the uni or UCAS or both? o & i dont mind the course change form accouting and finance to accouting & financial systems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fℓσωєя379)
    I do want to go there, i just dont want to have regrets in the future that i could have improved my grades & didnt, i wanted C's but 2 D's & an E isnt what i expected at all.

Im staying at home, & o do i contact the uni or UCAS or both? o & i dont mind the course change form accouting and finance to accouting & financial systems.
    I can completely understand what you mean, I think the same about some of my GCSE results but in the long run employers are going to look at what you got for your degree rather than your A-levels.

If you can still get into Uni, I personally would put all my effort into getting a great degree rather than spending another year retaking. If there isnt a particular reason for doing another year (other than improving grades) such as a scholarship or something then I think you might be better off just going to uni.

Do you want to retake so you can get better grades and apply to a better uni or something? If not and your going to be going to the same uni and doing the same course, Id really think again about retaking.

If you are dead set on the idea though, you would contact the university direct and explain that you no longer which to accept your place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    I can completely understand what you mean, I think the same about some of my GCSE results but in the long run employers are going to look at what you got for your degree rather than your A-levels.

If you can still get into Uni, I personally would put all my effort into getting a great degree rather than spending another year retaking. If there isnt a particular reason for doing another year (other than improving grades) such as a scholarship or something then I think you might be better off just going to uni.

Do you want to retake so you can get better grades and apply to a better uni or something? If not and your going to be going to the same uni and doing the same course, Id really think again about retaking.

If you are dead set on the idea though, you would contact the university direct and explain that you no longer which to accept your place.
    This depends entirely on what field you are aiming to go into. If you want to do something like Law, Banking or even a postgrad, then your A-Level grades will play an important role in them. I wouldn't simply ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-Curve)
    This depends entirely on what field you are aiming to go into. If you want to do something like Law, Banking or even a postgrad, then your A-Level grades will play an important role in them. I wouldn't simply ignore it.
    Well perhaps on occassion, but of you have a good degree, its unlikey an employer is going to shun you because of some dodgy grades from 3 or 4years ago, especially when they are still considered passes.

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is down to opinion. But when you apply for internships and pupillages for Law, they ask for your GCSE, AS and A2 Grades. They are a factor in deciding whether you will get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-Curve)
    I guess this is down to opinion. But when you apply for internships and pupillages for Law, they ask for your GCSE, AS and A2 Grades. They are a factor in deciding whether you will get an interview.
    What if you want to get into accounting?:confused:

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.