Turn on thread page Beta

How hard is it to get into product control roles in IB if you didn't go big 4? watch

ReputationRep:
    Say you gained an ACA outside of big 4, top 10 or top 20 firm.

How difficult is it to leave after gaining your qualification to go into a product controller role in ib?
    And if anyone cares or knows, how hard is it to get into big 4 firms when completing your contract at firms outside of big 4.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

I need to know if you can get into IB in any form if you didnt go big 4 for your qualification.

ReputationRep:
    It is quite hard if you don't go for the big4. Are you currently at a non-big4 firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecats12)
    It is quite hard if you don't go for the big4. Are you currently at a non-big4 firm?
    No, But I have an offer from a top 10 firm (obviously outside of big 4) and have already been rejected by the big 4.

I've always wanted to go into banking/Asset management but I'm not sure if that's possible if I qualify with an ACA now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blopblopblop)
    No, But I have an offer from a top 10 firm (obviously outside of big 4) and have already been rejected by the big 4.

I've always wanted to go into banking/Asset management but I'm not sure if that's possible if I qualify with an ACA now.
    You could do a masters and apply again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikecats12)
    You could do a masters and apply again.
    Yeah not really a fan of doing a masters, I thought there'd be other options to get into back offices roles like ops or some cost cutting roles in middle office.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.