Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it quite hard to decide on the best accommodation taking into account the best prices and facilities, I've looked at some accommodation but find it so hard to decide.
    I'm looking for self catered and don't mind about sharing a bathroom, I'd like to keep costs as low as possible but don't want it to be ass at the same time. I'd really appreciate some help! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    There are some 360 virtual tours on the website which I found really useful when I was looking, and I'm happy to answer any questions! I don't know much about accommodation outside of the Vale, but I'm in Tennis Courts (more specifically the Green Community) which is self-catered, shared bathroom. It is the second cheapest as far as I know, Maple Bank being cheaper. I don't think there is much of a difference between MB and TC, but TC is closer to campus (it is the closest on the Vale). I pay £513 at the beginning of each month, but I don't think it is worth paying extra for an en-suite personally, but obviously it is personal opinion. A lot of my friends who are in places like Mason/Chamberlain can't pay their rent themselves because their loans don't cover it, so their parents have to pay for them.

I really like Tennis Courts. The rooms are a decent size, you get quite a lot of storage, the kitchen is quite big, and we have two toilets, one shower between five of us. There is a courtyard area in the Green Community which is really nice. If you have any questions about the other halls, or accommodation in general, just let me know

ReputationRep:
    I recommend tennis courts, I was worried about it at first but it's the perfect mix of everything imo

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much! I definitely will if I have any more questions!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm looking to apply for TC for September (having dropped out of Exeter uni this year) and was just wondering what the green community was like? And was wondering if putting that down as my first choice if I am more likely to get it over normal TC, and what the difference between them is? Cheers

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Birmingham
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.