Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a degree in adult nursing and was wondering if anyone has been offered a place in primary teaching with this qualification?

I have many transferable skills but im struggling in finding a way to show this through my personal statement!

ReputationRep:
    The focus of your personal statements needs to be why you want to go into teaching and why you would make a good teacher. If your degree doesn't really support this, don't spend too much time discussing it. Make a list of transferable skills and come up with some examples you have used them positively. Focus on discussing any classroom experience you have undertaken and how you have demonstrated/applied those skills within the classroom.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Look at the guidance in my signature under subject guidance as it talks about teaching statements. However it may be best if you contact the unis you are interested in and ask if they will accept your degree as i think health care ones are an anomaly

ReputationRep:
    I have a Criminology degree and I have just been offered a place on a Primary SCITT course. I didn't write about my degree in my personal statement, I just focused on why I wanted to be a teacher and reflections from my school experience. hope this helps!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.