Should I do this instead of university

Watch
tuchaynz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Capgemini have a apprenticeship with Aston university where I would study BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions, rather than BSc in Computer Science.

They make it sound great. There's no debt, I can work and earn money whilst studying for a degree in Digital & Technology Solutions. I'd really think that this would be a good opportunity for me not to miss, I qualify with the right grades and I know that I'm suitable for all the listed roles.

There's just one bug... I'd get a degree in Digital & Technology Solutions, not Computer Science. Although I'd work for them and study for 4½ years with a decent chance of securing a job with them after I've finished, would it all be worth it?

The degree part is really bugging me, I just don't know whether I should take the chance and go for it, or leave it because of the different degree.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you done some resarch into what you'd study on this degree?
tuchaynz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Have you done some resarch into what you'd study on this degree?
I have, there are modules based on databases and software as well as business related studies to do with IT.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tuchaynz)
I have, there are modules based on databases and software as well as business related studies to do with IT.
But do you really want to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
CaptainMatta11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what did you end up doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (63)
19.27%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (70)
21.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (61)
18.65%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (69)
21.1%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (32)
9.79%
I haven't started researching yet (32)
9.79%

Watched Threads