Turn on thread page Beta

Feel like nobody is interested in me (friends) watch

it may just be facebook that's causing this problem, but I just feel like nobody at all messages me unless I message them first, even close friends from school.

I moved abroad in September and I feel like nobody really even bothered to ask how I was getting on, what it was like etc.

I've got a friend who moved even further away abroad and everyone is constantly checking how it's going, commenting on all his pictures etc.

I'm lucky that I've got my family and one or two who show an interest, but that's it.

I feel like it's always me who is messaging people to see how they are ,how things are going etc.. they'll reply to me politely and then will ask me some questions, but after a couple, they stop replying.

I wondered if maybe I write too much/talk a lot about myself etc. but I always take an interest in what others are doing. Just feeling a bit fed-up and like I'm not very important to people..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    it may just be facebook that's causing this problem, but I just feel like nobody at all messages me unless I message them first, even close friends from school.

I moved abroad in September and I feel like nobody really even bothered to ask how I was getting on, what it was like etc.

I've got a friend who moved even further away abroad and everyone is constantly checking how it's going, commenting on all his pictures etc.

I'm lucky that I've got my family and one or two who show an interest, but that's it.

I feel like it's always me who is messaging people to see how they are ,how things are going etc.. they'll reply to me politely and then will ask me some questions, but after a couple, they stop replying.

I wondered if maybe I write too much/talk a lot about myself etc. but I always take an interest in what others are doing. Just feeling a bit fed-up and like I'm not very important to people..
    I can relate :/ I have friends, which are more acquaintances than friends, but it seems like I'm the one that always messages them to see how they are doing and not the other way around.

The bad thing is though, I don't really have anything in common with them. They like going out drinking and partying all the time whereas I'm the type of guy that likes to play video games and read and stuff.

If you're at uni, join some societies that you're interested in as you'll be able to meet like minded people.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, yeah. I know how you feel. Some people just have more friends than others. Some people just get noticed more than others. It just is how it is. Don't feel too bad about it. Just find some like-minded people, and you should be fine. Don't let it get you down.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I only have 1 friend.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You have friends that are just there around you as a matter of convenience. Then there are friends that actually care about you and ones you can trust.

The thing is, you can't just be friends with someone over text. There's only so much you can say before the conversation runs dry. You need to do things together, like hang out, shopping idk, anything that you share interests in, then that's how a friendship develops.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.