Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Started D of E some weeks ago but i have no idea what to do for the skills section, I kind of like creative stuff so I was thinking maybe about doing a project and getting a teacher to sign it off but I don't know if you can do that. But for physical, I'm not sporty which makes it a lot harder. Does anyone have any help for what I can do? Or what you have done in the past?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyb10)
    Started D of E some weeks ago but i have no idea what to do for the skills section, I kind of like creative stuff so I was thinking maybe about doing a project and getting a teacher to sign it off but I don't know if you can do that. But for physical, I'm not sporty which makes it a lot harder. Does anyone have any help for what I can do? Or what you have done in the past?
    Hi,

I'm also doing my DofE!

For the skills section you can do anything from a sports leadership qualification to an art project, so a project should do fine. I know someone who is just doing art as a subject for their skills section. I don't know about the physical section yet since I'm also still deciding on what I'm gonna do . However, If you are not very sporty you might be able to do something like jogging/running around your local area.

Try these links for lots of ideas.

http://www.dofe.org/wp-content/uploa...-_Physical.pdf

http://www.dofe.org/wp-content/uploa...s_-_Skills.pdf

You should ask your DofE leader for ideas if you couldn't think of anything.

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyb10)
    Same! I was stuck for every single section. Check the website for ideas, and then search them up to find opportunities.

Skills : I'm doing cookery, 'cause I am horrible at that! I just got my Food Tech teacher to sign it off. You could just do a few paintings/sketches etc. at home and hand one in to your Art teacher every week, and get them to assess it.

Physical: I'm just gonna go to the school gym every week! If you're on a school team, just stick with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnlin2000)
    Hi,

I'm also doing my DofE!

For the skills section you can do anything from a sports leadership qualification to an art project, so a project should do fine. I know someone who is just doing art as a subject for their skills section. I don't know about the physical section yet since I'm also still deciding on what I'm gonna do . However, If you are not very sporty you might be able to do something like jogging/running around your local area.

Try these links for lots of ideas.

http://www.dofe.org/wp-content/uploa...-_Physical.pdf

http://www.dofe.org/wp-content/uploa...s_-_Skills.pdf

You should ask your DofE leader for ideas if you couldn't think of anything.

John.
    Thanks for your help, the only problem with doing running or jogging around my area is that I am not sure who would sign it off😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MistFearless)
    Same! I was stuck for every single section. Check the website for ideas, and then search them up to find opportunities.

Skills : I'm doing cookery, 'cause I am horrible at that! I just got my Food Tech teacher to sign it off. You could just do a few paintings/sketches etc. at home and hand one in to your Art teacher every week, and get them to assess it.

Physical: I'm just gonna go to the school gym every week! If you're on a school team, just stick with that!
    Thanks! I guess I could go to the gym once a week for a bit, who are you getting to assess it, the gym instructor?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.