Turn on thread page Beta

What matters more the Uni being RG or the course watch

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently at Uni which isn't RG but I am doing BSc Healthcare Science (Audiology) I have friends doing the same course at Leeds and Manchester now with vocational courses such as Audiology does the Uni you graduate really matter or is the class of the degree i.e. 1st or 2:1 matter more since the course is pretty much similar in terms of content and weeks spent on placement?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I think there's more to it than just worrying about whether it's RG... Of course, a 1st sounds better than a 2:1... But also very much important is the uni and how you think you'd find it there, whether you'd enjoy it or not... If you know that you wouldn't enjoy it at a uni, chances are, you're work will suffer due to that, and so it may not be worth it...

I don't go to a RG uni, and nowadays, other unis are becoming more and more respected in terms of their academics, and it's not all about RGs imo.

ReputationRep:
    If its a degree that leads to a guaranteed job, then the uni shouldn't matter. Uni matters when you want to impress or you are pursuing an academic career or a high powered career like law, finance. Literally if its not academic, law, finance, it matters much less. If its not business or engineering related either it almost is irrelevant.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.