Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am really open but there is no one i know who is also open about anything so i struggle to talk to someone? does anyone have a similar problem?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by geek567)
    i am really open but there is no one i know who is also open about anything so i struggle to talk to someone? does anyone have a similar problem?
    I think with most people you'll find that being 'open' (whatever that entails..) without really knowing them or having a close relationship just doesn't work, unless it's a complete stranger that you can tell anything to without fear of retribution. Can you not talk about other things?

ReputationRep:
    i'm someone who vents a lot - so I need to talk to people and be open but even then i don't talk to people IRL about personal stuff bc too many strings attached and if I pissed them off they could prob ruin me lol, unless they tell me something that I could hold against them too it wont work i'd just feel anxious and paranoid after telling them

whereas people online - all i need to do is block them and problem solved

ReputationRep:
    Being open minded is amazing so make the most of it!

Think about how much a cat would give for open-mindedness ... all they visualise are mice, food and ingenious ways to scratch you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I think with most people you'll find that being 'open' (whatever that entails..) without really knowing them or having a close relationship just doesn't work, unless it's a complete stranger that you can tell anything to without fear of retribution. Can you not talk about other things?
    Well i can talk about other things but sometimes i want to talk about a certain topic however there are people who just won't openly talk about it.
    Can i pm you?

ReputationRep:
    Being open-minded is a fantastic trait to have, it's one of my favourite things about myself.
    There's a difference between being open-minded and being "open" though. I sometimes struggle to talk about my feelings for fear of being judged but I'm a very accepting and non-judgemental person.

ReputationRep:
    if your mind is too open everything will fall out

:yep:

no.

ReputationRep:
    If you are concerned about what topics you can or can not discuss with others, ask. Say you are just trying to see what makes those people tick. But careful what subject you choose and how you go about it. For example, sex. Your mum probably doesn't want to go into that.

Get discussion starters to help after you know how much a person or have guessed how much a person will get into a topic. news articles are my preferred. Sometimes those are just everywhere. That and commercials.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.