The Student Room Group

Job at House of Fraser?? Help

Hey, I recently applied to be a Christmas Temp sales assistant at HoF and I completed an online assessment, had a recorded interview thing and now I have been invited to one of their assessment centres. What is it? What happens at these? And is there anything I should know or what I should wear?
Thanks for any replies
Original post by definitelyjuliet
Hey, I recently applied to be a Christmas Temp sales assistant at HoF and I completed an online assessment, had a recorded interview thing and now I have been invited to one of their assessment centres. What is it? What happens at these? And is there anything I should know or what I should wear?
Thanks for any replies

Dress smartly and read up on the company. Have a look on glassdoor.co.uk and you might be able to find out exactly what happens. Generally, I'd assume they'll complete a 1-on-1 interview with you and will talk you through the role and everything
Reply 2
Original post by definitelyjuliet
Thanks for any replies

I had my assessment Centre on Wednesday and was so nervous for it but when I went in there was 10 other people and before the managers came if it was awkward at first but then we did an ice breaker task which really helped in making everyone feeling relaxed with one another then we got split into groups of 4 and one 3 to carry out a task which was easy. Just make sure you put your ideas across and also listen to other people. Then after this each person would go out 1 by 1 for a one on one interview which was fairly easy. While people were on there one on one interviews the rest of us just sat in the room and talked along with another manager. It was really informal and good to get to know one another. Hope this helped
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Dress smartly and read up on the company. Have a look on glassdoor.co.uk and you might be able to find out exactly what happens. Generally, I'd assume they'll complete a 1-on-1 interview with you and will talk you through the role and everything

Thanks so much, I will defo read up about the company
Original post by Evax
I had my assessment Centre on Wednesday and was so nervous for it but when I went in there was 10 other people and before the managers came if it was awkward at first but then we did an ice breaker task which really helped in making everyone feeling relaxed with one another then we got split into groups of 4 and one 3 to carry out a task which was easy. Just make sure you put your ideas across and also listen to other people. Then after this each person would go out 1 by 1 for a one on one interview which was fairly easy. While people were on there one on one interviews the rest of us just sat in the room and talked along with another manager. It was really informal and good to get to know one another. Hope this helped

Thanks, its great that you have experienced it, thanks for the advice and good luck I hope you get the job. One question, were the questions like your average interview questions, about the company etc or were they just asking your availability?
Reply 5
I got asked 4 questions in the one on one interview one of them was asking about a time I had to influence someone and come to a compromise, another was about a time I had to change something last minute and another asking me about something I need to improve on and how I went about doing it. I just related these question back to school experience and previous work experience. The final question was asking availability. Hope this helps although the questions you get may be different so I'd prepare for these ones and also other types just to be sure. Good luck!!
Original post by Evax
I got asked 4 questions in the one on one interview one of them was asking about a time I had to influence someone and come to a compromise, another was about a time I had to change something last minute and another asking me about something I need to improve on and how I went about doing it. I just related these question back to school experience and previous work experience. The final question was asking availability. Hope this helps although the questions you get may be different so I'd prepare for these ones and also other types just to be sure. Good luck!!

Thanks so much!! I will practice some similar questions. Hope you get the position
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending