Turn on thread page Beta

I was made redundant and have got a new job. I absolutely hate my new job as it is call centre work. Whilst I have knowledge in the enquiries the company have unrealistic expectations and have a lot of processes to learn and scripting. Customers get very frustrated and do not understand you are training and have to read the scripts and cannot miss parts of the scripts.

I really miss my old job as I enjoyed speaking to customers on the phone and in person but it did not involve calls all day long with strict targets and monitoring of toilet breaks. I want to leave but don't want to leave until I have another job lined up. The difficulty is getting time off for interviews as you are not allowed to book annual leave unless it is a month in advance. The department has a very high turnover due to the lengthy processes involved and micromanagement. I cried on the way from home as I know it is not right for me. Anyone got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Get a job lined up first if you're in need of money for rent etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.