Turn on thread page Beta

What age do I look (ID help)? watch

ReputationRep:
    So I'm 16, and applied for my provisional licence today, mostly to use as a form of ID if I ever buy a 15/16+ item. What I'm curious about what age I look to you?

https://pre13.deviantart.net/57b8/th...sh-damr78m.jpg

So judging by the photo, how old would you guess I was? Do I look young enough to be asked for ID when buying 15 DVDs/lottery tickets/liqeur chocolates (15/16 restricted products)? Thanks.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    16 or 17

Mate I'm 22 and I get asked for ID to buy the lottery so you probably will too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJDG14)
    So I'm 16, and applied for my provisional licence today, mostly to use as a form of ID if I ever buy a 15/16+ item. What I'm curious about what age I look to you?

https://pre13.deviantart.net/57b8/th...sh-damr78m.jpg

So judging by the photo, how old would you guess I was? Do I look young enough to be asked for ID when buying 15 DVDs/lottery tickets/liqeur chocolates (15/16 restricted products)? Thanks.
    You look 18 to me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    17 or 18 ish, quite mature but not that mature, in between ygm

ReputationRep:
    I'd say 16.

ReputationRep:
    On average, around 16/17, it seems.

Once I've got my provisional licence, I want to see what it's like to be asked for ID. In order for them to ask me, what item should I buy and where?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say around 15.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    On average, around 16/17, it seems.

Once I've got my provisional licence, I want to see what it's like to be asked for ID. In order for them to ask me, what item should I buy and where?
    Scratch card at a supermarket will probably do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Scratch card at a supermarket will probably do it.
    Thanks, are you sure they'll ask though? How much do these cost at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I need to check another thing - does everywhere accept a provisional licence or do some only accept a full one? The typical C25 posters say "EU photocard driving licence", but plenty of people talk about using provisional ones too.

I could find a lot of people saying that they were being refused them by shops in the late 2000s but everyone is now saying they're valid proof. Did the shops begin accepting provisional cards again?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Not sure, but they did up until I was about 18 for me... and anywhere from a quid to lots of quid!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I'd say supermarkets are more likely to ask for ID since they're stricter. Just look really confused and they'll think you're under 16, I seem to do it really well anyway.

They cost between £1 and £10, but as it's your first purchase just go with a £1 card and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I assume they accept provisionals? Should I buy it to see what happens at a physical or automated checkout?

Another item that I know Morrison's voluntarily ban to under 16s is energy drinks. I don't think the others have followed suit, though.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. I assume they accept provisionals? Should I buy it to see what happens at a physical or automated checkout?
    buy it at the till i you`re looking for a chance to use ID
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

Another item that I know Morrison's voluntarily ban to under 16s is energy drinks. I don't think the others have followed suit, though.
    You can only buy lottery at the till. If you do buy restricted goods (alcohol) at the self checkout then a staff member needs to approve your purchase.

ReputationRep:
    Thought so. Will my provisional work though?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I bought a scratch card yesterday.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.