Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So basically I need to take 1 maybe 2 extra modules to meet the requirments of a postgraduate course I want to do after my 3 years at undergrad. Number 1 am I allowed to do this and Number 2 if there isn't any timetable clashes is it manageable if said extra modules are only taken for a semester
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is there a question somewhere?

I wouldn't normally recommend taking on extra modules, especially not modules which aren't designed to be taken as extra modules, but if they're prereqs for a postgrad course you don't really have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Make your choices earlier rather than later, as you tend to have to sign up for them, and some will be more popular than others. And make sure you understand the attendance and assessment criteria for each of your chosen modules.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Miser101)
    So basically I need to take 1 maybe 2 extra modules to meet the requirments of a postgraduate course I want to do after my 3 years at undergrad. Number 1 am I allowed to do this and Number 2 if there isn't any timetable clashes is it manageable if said extra modules are only taken for a semester
    This semester I am taking on 2 extra modules - so instead of doing 4, I'm doing 6. So that's 90 credits this semester and then only 30 credits next semester.

It is not fun and really do not recommend it unless you HAVE to then you don't have a choice. But I wouldn't recommend it especially if you have other commitments such as relationships, socials or family commitments.

Good luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.