Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im an international student coming in January for my phd in medical sciences. I have fee scholarship but I will b managing my living expense on my own. I wana know how much per month I need to spend???

ReputationRep:
    Depends on each person actually. Accommodation expense here is ridiculously costly. For example, my accommodation is 300 and right next to the uni (including everything, quite cheap), go to supermarket to buy stuffs and cook at home so about 40-80/month (I'm an easy going eater), I don't eat out much, only once a month so about 10-20 depends on my mates, if you are a night life person then you should expect a bit more. So I would say with 450/month or less I have a quite comfortable life with lots of junk food and alcohol as well. Anw I'm speaking from the perspective of an international student so it shall be somehow different from the Europeans and local perspectives. My budget is 600/month so I save 150-200/month for my own saving, excluding working part-time. Saving and being thrifty are our Asian characteristics no matter if we are wealthy or averagely rich, so it will be different from the ways Western ppl consume and spend money.

From what I see from local students, they tend to live in uni houses, which ranges from 500-800 900 sth not sure, and their living expenses might be 150-200 sth including/excluding eating out, nights out, parties.....But actually I think 700-800 shall be fine for you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  2. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.