The Student Room Group

UKMT Senior Individual Maths Challenge 2016 - Preparation and Tips

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by 123Master321
Theres usually a BMO1 and kangaroo prep thread

Thank goodness XD
Reply 381
I'm chuffed, just to think that last year i didn't even get a certificate (was a little ill on the day but still), "anything can happen" - Ellie Goulding
Original post by xs4
I'm chuffed, just to think that last year i didn't even get a certificate (was a little ill on the day but still), "anything can happen" - Ellie Goulding

you got bmo1 this year?
Reply 383
Original post by 123Master321
you got bmo1 this year?

Yeah i assume ,i did 1-23 correctly
Original post by AdeptDz
Anyone doing STMC?

Me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
Hoping the chance is high because I think I may have gotten 79!

Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
What is the chance that Gold is 79?

Unfortunately I don't think 79 will be enough, probably a 30% chance at best.
Do you reckon 53 will get me a bronze? I really messed up but I at least want a certificate
Original post by NiamhM1801
Do you reckon 53 will get me a bronze? I really messed up but I at least want a certificate

Should do.
The solutions are now on the UKMT page for those who haven't yet seen.

https://www.ukmt.org.uk/individual-competitions/senior-challenge/
Original post by pinkshirt
The solutions are now on the UKMT page for those who haven't yet seen.

https://www.ukmt.org.uk/individual-competitions/senior-challenge/

We already know, what we're waiting for is the boundaries which should be out in the next couple of weeks.
What is the lowest that silver could be? I answered 10 questions and a stupid mistake meant I got 60 rather than 65 an I was aiming to hopefully get silver:frown:
Original post by lastminuterush
What is the lowest that silver could be? I answered 10 questions and a stupid mistake meant I got 60 rather than 65 an I was aiming to hopefully get silver:frown:

65 was a silver last year and tbh I doubt it would go lower than that for a silver. Likely to go higher (since a lot of my friends were saying it was easier than last years).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HapaxOromenon3
We already know, what we're waiting for is the boundaries which should be out in the next couple of weeks.

sorry, just trying to help. It was more for those who weren't involved in the forum and were sporadic users just looking for an answer sheets.
Original post by pinkshirt
sorry, just trying to help. It was more for those who weren't involved in the forum and were sporadic users just looking for an answer sheets.

That's fine. I'm not annoyed, just pointing out that your post could have been better-timed.
Reply 394
Emailed ukmt who replied that thresholds should hopefully be out by the end of the week
Original post by TBoy11
Emailed ukmt who replied that thresholds should hopefully be out by the end of the week

Good news :smile:!
Original post by TBoy11

Thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thresholds are out.
Bronze 55-70 Silver 71-87 Gold 88 Kangaroo Qualifier 90 BMO1 Qualifier 106
wow they're high...

think I got a silver lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending