Scroll to see replies

Original post by ben167
I got 110, wbu?

I was the only person that qualified for BMO at my school
Original post by an_atheist

How did you'll find the BMO?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who's done the Kangaroo can talk about it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4440650&p=68849280#post68849280
Reply 483
How did you guys find the olympiad
Original post by CtrlW
How did you guys find the olympiad

No discussions (of any kind, to be safe) until 8am tomorrow
What sort of mark do you usually need for a distinction in the BMO1?
Original post by Superdjman1
What sort of mark do you usually need for a distinction in the BMO1?

It was 23 last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Although I only managed to get 109 myself.

I'd love to have gotten a certificate of distinction today, but I've not really been holding out for one - it would come as quite a surprise to get it! But, I was just thrilled to have made it to BMO1, in the first place.

Well done one your 115, by the way; I hope that you did really well today, too! :smile:

Good luck on your result!
What do people think about the grade boundaries. Higher or lower than last year?
Original post by Adam Thompson
What do people think about the grade boundaries. Higher or lower than last year?

I didn't do the BMO last year, but I'd say this year's questions were more accessible.
Distinction boundary will be around 26,27.
I stress, this is only my opinion.
BMO2 boundary for year 13s will be around 40
Original post by Adam Thompson

I honestly thought it was harder than last year!
Hopefully I got a distinction but that's about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mupsman2312
Me too! Although I only managed to get 109 myself.

I'd love to have gotten a certificate of distinction today, but I've not really been holding out for one - it would come as quite a surprise to get it! But, I was just thrilled to have made it to BMO1, in the first place.

Well done one your 115, by the way; I hope that you did really well today, too! :smile:

Good luck on your result!

Thanks, good luck to you too.

Original post by theaverage
How did you'll find the BMO?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was alright, bits could have gone better, but overall it was okay. How about you?
Thanks, good luck to you too.

It was alright, bits could have gone better, but overall it was okay. How about you?

Hmm okay, I'm just very bad at geometry!
Hopefully distinction maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 493
It's 8am Saturday now!
Reply 494
Reply 495
Original post by Superdjman1
I didn't do the BMO last year, but I'd say this year's questions were more accessible.
Distinction boundary will be around 26,27.
I stress, this is only my opinion.
BMO2 boundary for year 13s will be around 40

Really thats quire high
Reply 496
I missed a bit on q1 and got 4014 how many markswould I lose?? I got q2 and q3 right and most of q5 I think but I just skipped a small step in proving where two sides were proven but the angle was not. Is 35 ish enough to qualify
Reply 497
Original post by 11234
I missed a bit on q1 and got 4014 how many markswould I lose?? I got q2 and q3 right and most of q5 I think but I just skipped a small step in proving where two sides were proven but the angle was not. Is 35 ish enough to qualify

It depends on your year. For question 1, if your method was correct and you made a stupid arithmetic error you'll probably lose one mark. I did the same last year in the Cayley.
I'm in year 10 and I pretty sure I got 38, the only errors I made was missing out the negative root of - 1 on question 3, and in question 2 putting a greater than sign insteaf of greater than or equal. I expect to drop 1 or 2 marks in question 3, given my method was correct, and for question 2, probably 0 or 1 mark given it doesn't affect the final answer or the rest of the method. I just hope the bronze threshold doesn't move too much.
Reply 498
Original post by A02
It depends on your year. For question 1, if your method was correct and you made a stupid arithmetic error you'll probably lose one mark. I did the same last year in the Cayley.
I'm in year 10 and I pretty sure I got 38, the only errors I made was missing out the negative root of - 1 on question 3, and in question 2 putting a greater than sign insteaf of greater than or equal. I expect to drop 1 or 2 marks in question 3, given my method was correct, and for question 2, probably 0 or 1 mark given it doesn't affect the final answer or the rest of the method. I just hope the bronze threshold doesn't move too much.

What are normal thresholds for y13
Reply 499
Whats the normal boundary to qualify for y13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending