Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!

Can someone give me a rough average length of a 25 mark answer?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    From a previous thread (related to econ)

25 mark structure would usually consist of

-2 solid definitions explaining the relevant keywords the question is asking (backed with examples if applicable)

-An introduction to the topic at hand, depending on whether it's macro refer back to macroeconomic objectives

-1st Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)
    -Analysis of first diagram, (Chain Links) words such as 'therefore, in hindsight'
    -Evaluation of first diagram, words such as 'although, other factors effect' talk about stakeholder's affected
    (Evaluation is where you use your own knowledge to assess the impact of the ongoing of your analysis)

-2nd Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)
    -Analysis of second diagram
    -Evaluation of second diagram

-3rd Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)

-Conclusion
    This is where you weigh up your argument to come to a finalized conclusion; taking into account you're evaluation of the 3 Analysis points you've made. You say what overall effects may occur, the effect on the economy and add relevant concluding factors in regard to the question. Argue different viewpoints and say which you think has the higher weighting.

ALWAYS DIRECT YOUR ANSWER TO WHAT THE QUESTION IS ASKING.

ReputationRep:
    I see, all you've gotten is a response on economic exams...

You start with an intro defining key terms, then create a mini arguement highlighting your key points for the side you're in favour of.
    4-6 arguments (4 paragraphs minimum.)
    Conclusion.

If I make 3-4 arguments I like to include a paragraph comparing the strongest point or most suitable points of each argument And giving examples of where one side has been more superior. If I've made 5 arguememts, I do it more briefly in my conclusion.

So you should really be aiming for 6 paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    From a previous thread (related to econ)

25 mark structure would usually consist of

-2 solid definitions explaining the relevant keywords the question is asking (backed with examples if applicable)

-An introduction to the topic at hand, depending on whether it's macro refer back to macroeconomic objectives

-1st Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)
    -Analysis of first diagram, (Chain Links) words such as 'therefore, in hindsight'
    -Evaluation of first diagram, words such as 'although, other factors effect' talk about stakeholder's affected
    (Evaluation is where you use your own knowledge to assess the impact of the ongoing of your analysis)

-2nd Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)

-3rd Diagram / Explanation of what's happening (from the text)

-Conclusion
    This is where you weigh up your argument to come to a finalized conclusion; taking into account you're evaluation of the 3 Analysis points you've made. You say what overall effects may occur, the effect on the economy and add relevant concluding factors in regard to the question. Argue different viewpoints and say which you think has the higher weighting.

ALWAYS DIRECT YOUR ANSWER TO WHAT THE QUESTION IS ASKING.
    Saved this - cheers for that!

ReputationRep:
    About a minute a mark, about 5-10mins per page page and a half (depending on speed) so 25 marks = 2.5 to 5 pages. The more the better as long as it is focused on the question.

I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!" For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

(Original post by holymacaroni)
    Hiya!

Can someone give me a rough average length of a 25 mark answer?

Thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.