Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do if you had a 2-faced friend? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm honestly sick to my stomach thinking of it. Like I feel physically ill all over. And I'm shaking and fuming because I wanna approach it wisely but I'm offended in the meantime.

So basically: if you had a friend who you went to and grieved to them about stress and enemies (as you do, yes or no?).

And this "friend" of yours proceeds to relay and gossip that information to others which you confided to them about. And acts buddy buddy with your pronounced enemy when your back is turnt but then trash talks your enemy to you still? Like it's all good, like you don't see what they're about. Basically swinging back and forth just being fake and disloyal to everyone?

Would you:
    talk to them about it as calmly (or not) as you can?
    ignore it and let the **** boil over?
    quietly unfriend them and act like they don't exist?
    or give them a taste of their own medicine and reveal how fake they are?

ReputationRep:
    tell em they are 2 faced

be blunt

that should do it tbh

Oh but dont be rude about it just tell them why; to me it simply seems that this was one incident and its not an unpleasant recurrent thing ur friend keeps doing so no need to ruin bonds over it bro

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how close I was to them, I been in a situation similar with my best friend at the time and I hit her, we had a physical fight. If it was just a regular friend, I'd just ignore it. People like that aren't even worth it, just act like they never existed and move on with your life. You're going to call them out in being fake, what's that going to really do.

ReputationRep:
    Clear inbox plssss ☺️ And that last one is so me 😂 But it's your choice ☺️ Night x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealLifeBane)
    tell em they are 2 faced

be blunt

that should do it tbh

Oh but dont be rude about it just tell them why; to me it simply seems that this was one incident and its not an unpleasant recurrent thing ur friend keeps doing so no need to ruin bonds over it bro
    yea but its an ongoing thing now
    basically I was away for a bit and my "friend" took the time to snake around behind my back and be suddenly buddy buddy with this person. Like they're afraid of both of us and hve to be buddy buddy in this dishonest way with both of us? When mind you only one friendship is genuine (mine) so wtf is the point of being a rat? They get nothing out of it except a ruined good friendship and a fake new friendship? I don't understand this "thinking"

ReputationRep:
    i would sack them the hell off mate i havent got time for that nonsense if they want me that much then they will beg for me lmao. they must learn from their mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Depends on how close I was to them, I been in a situation similar with my best friend at the time and I hit her, we had a physical fight. If it was just a regular friend, I'd just ignore it. People like that aren't even worth it, just act like they never existed and move on with your life. You're going to call them out in being fake, what's that going to really do.
    I dont no about u but I knew quite a few ppl like that and just telling them that it is upsetting friends they usually stop

but eh just dont back bite or even make enemies to begin with

ReputationRep:
    I had a two faced friend in secondary school, now she goes to the same college as me and I see her and she laughs at me etc but I pretend like I don't know her 😂
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Ok so I'm honestly sick to my stomach thinking of it. Like I feel physically ill all over. And I'm shaking and fuming because I wanna approach it wisely but I'm offended in the meantime.

So basically: if you had a friend who you went to and grieved to them about stress and enemies (as you do, yes or no?).

And this "friend" of yours proceeds to relay and gossip that information to others which you confided to them about. And acts buddy buddy with your pronounced enemy when your back is turnt but then trash talks your enemy to you still? Like it's all good, like you don't see what they're about. Basically swinging back and forth just being fake and disloyal to everyone?

Would you:
    People like them are not worth your time. I'd go for the one where you pretend that they're deceased to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    i would sack them the hell off mate i havent got time for that nonsense if they want me that much then they will beg for me lmao. they must learn from their mistakes
    dunno if sarcasm or not because I agree tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealLifeBane)
    I dont no about u but I knew quite a few ppl like that and just telling them that it is upsetting friends they usually stop

but eh just dont back bite or even make enemies to begin with
    Are you sure you know two faced people? Because you'd know that they won't get it, one ear out the other that's why it's so easy for them to be fake.

ReputationRep:
    I ended a 16 year friendship this year for similar reasons.

Myfriend was doing and saying stuff to me that I made clear was upsetting me. I talked about it politely and nothing changed. Then firmly with still no change. It was upsetting me so much that I told her outright to leave me alone. It was hard to do but I don't think I regret it because it is a decision that has made my life happier.

ReputationRep:
    yea but its an ongoing thing now
    basically I was away for a bit and my "friend" took the time to snake around behind my back and be suddenly buddy buddy with this person. Like they're afraid of both of us and hve to be buddy buddy in this dishonest way with both of us? When mind you only one friendship is genuine (mine) so wtf is the point of being a rat? They get nothing out of it except a ruined good friendship and a fake new friendship? I don't understand this "thinking"
    It is stupid I agree

but still telling ur friend exactly what u just said now is bound to make sense to him and end it

Eventually, every ball stops rolling so just end it sooner and tell him how u feel about it

then if he is truly a friend who made a flowing mistake then he will understand and be like "sorry man I was wrong"

ReputationRep:
    i had a friend like that
    she crossed the line once after I was the only person who actually tried to help her and didn't talk **** behind her back
    so i called her, gave her a mouthful, told her to **** off and we haven't spoken in months thank goodness
    everyone asked why i did that so i told them straight and they agreed that she was being a ***** so they told her off too so its all good

ReputationRep:
    They don't deserve to be your friend. Confront them that you know they're two faced and stop talking to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illimitable)
    People like them are not worth your time. I'd go for the one where you pretend that they're deceased to you.
    I'm already doing that but it's a right shame because it...it's just stupid. Like why, it shouldn't have even happened. I literally warned them about this person and they are almost blatantly falling for this snakiness and now acting like a snake themself. Like they're too scared to just be honest. I'm honestly fuming becaus I'm not at all gonna address them at all. I am giving them so much air and distance so I just wanna know if there is a discusson that needs to be had but apparently it's not worth it. I'm seperately asking my girlfriend about it aswell and my best mate they're both like "next em." So I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    They don't deserve to be your friend. Confront them that you know they're two faced and stop talking to them.
    I'm already acting like theyre dead even though I want them to actually be dead because I dont deserve. Its a ****ing pisstake. I've not got time to stress about this anymore. I needed to vent.. I am so done like dinner with the people who are part of this situation.

There's some sabotage-y/homewrecker/friend-stealing/friendship-ruiner vibe with my enemy which I've called out long ago yea to my "friends" and they decide to ignore my advice suddenly. And then try to act like it's all good. Nope. Done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Are you sure you know two faced people? Because you'd know that they won't get it, one ear out the other that's why it's so easy for them to be fake.
    Well, I mean I stopped 2 different friendships from breaking up due to similar reasons but yeah I see what you mean cus fast forward 2 years and apparently one of the friendships fell apart because he is a backstabber or whatever

quite sad really

but hey I got a record of 1 and 1 now i guess

edit: i remember now it was cus of arrogance sry oh yeah and lol it was the same guy in both friendships with 2 different ppl XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i had a friend like that
    she crossed the line once after I was the only person who actually tried to help her and didn't talk **** behind her back
    so i called her, gave her a mouthful, told her to **** off and we haven't spoken in months thank goodness
    everyone asked why i did that so i told them straight and they agreed that she was being a ***** so they told her off too so its all good
    lol I am like fuming you have no idea like my fist is balled up everytime I stop typing mate

I dont even wanna give them the time of the day, the satisfaction to spell out for them the obvious. Which is, you don't backstab, end of. I wanna have mercy on them and not make this bigger than what it is because I know this backstabbing **** is unacceptable behaviour to anyone's standards. And if I blow this up which normally I would I'd act unreasonably and get myself in a mess over this, which is what my enemy wants who has "befriended" them. And it's disgusting how obvious their plan is yet my "friends" seem to have missed this clear memo. :congrats:

ReputationRep:

Would you:

Honestly, i would talk to them about it as calmly as i can because if you try to give them a taste of their own medicine then things could worsen eg them may reveal a big secret that was kept between U and them and if U are already stressed then U will stress even more. If they are still being a little ********* then U should kinda act like they don't exist and then they'll realise what big mistake they've made. My first suggestion is what i would personally do as i don't like to cause fights etc
    Maybe i am too nice 😇

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.