Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am Lithuanian originally and I studied in Lithuania for 2 years. I did not finish my studies that were not funded and decided to come to England and start over. I applied for tuition fee loan for EU nationals and I have received letter from Student Finance England that I will not be paid for first two years of my studies as I have previously studied. I have not had any loans and I do not understand why I cannot get a loan for my tuition as I only need a loan that covers 3 years. Since it is still my first degree and I do not owe anything. I believe there was some misunderstanding of my circumstances. Please could you give me more information based on my situation. I have already started course in England and without the tuition loan I will not be able to pay for the course. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    it goes on the amount of years study you've already had. It doesn't matter who funded it or where you studied.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Unless your studies in Lithuania were interrupted because of ill health (and you can prove it with a doctor's note or similar), then I'm afraid you will have to find a way of paying the fees for your first two years yourself. Are you sure England is worth the cost? Even if you received a full tuition-fee loan, you would still have to pay all your accommodation and living costs yourself - can you afford that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.