Turn on thread page Beta

I got flashed by a red light camera - Advice watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually see the flash?

You will get a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) in the post which will have instructions on how to proceed. But it will mean 3 penalty points and a £100 (or whatever it is now) fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)

You will get a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) in the post which will have instructions on how to proceed. But it will mean 3 penalty points and a £100 (or whatever it is now) fine.
    Well first wait and see if the NIP turns up.

generally they have more camera boxes than camera guts and they move the camera guts between boxes periodically....that leaves the empty camera boxes sat there flashing at people (which they can do without the camera guts being present)

So might have been an empty box, it might have been flashing the car behind you for all I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)

Yes. It was extremely bright. This was at about 23:30 so it was dark. Definite double flash followed by another double flash about 1 second later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Well first wait and see if the NIP turns up.

generally they have more camera boxes than camera guts and they move the camera guts between boxes periodically....that leaves the empty camera boxes sat there flashing at people (which they can do without the camera guts being present)

So might have been an empty box, it might have been flashing the car behind you for all I know.
    What do you mean by camera guts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephenb1608)
    What do you mean by camera guts?
    The removable thing that sits inside the box and records the photographs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    The removable thing that sits inside the box and records the photographs.
    In your opinion/ experience do you think it will be a fine through post or summons to court?

ReputationRep:
    did it have nice tits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephenb1608)
    In your opinion/ experience do you think it will be a fine through post or summons to court?
    most probably they'll send a NIP offering you a fine and points. If you refuse that then they'll take you to court instead. I've been flashed more often than I've been sent a NIP though, there's more boxes than camera guts to go in them.

ReputationRep:
    I've done this plenty of times but never seen a camera actually flash! I always thought it would just take a picture without flashing and making it obvious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.