The Student Room Group
And you want to take HL Chem? It's a bit risky. I've heard HL Chem is pretty tough. Anyway, I took IGCSE Chem Extended and I'd have expected you would need at least that (at a B or A) to go into HL.

I suppose anything is really possible if you work hard at it. If IB Chem is anything like IB Physics you'd start from the basic stuff and work your way up.
yea i think i'll drop the idea
Reply 3
if u got a C in IGCSE chem, then i suggest you give it a try and see, maybe u will be ok... i think chem HL is not that difficult at all (unlike physics HL), a frnd of mine got a C and took chem HL, but he dropped it after one semester, u never know....
Hmmm, i say you could take it, however there is quite a jump between the SL and HL. The main reason would be why did you get the C? Was it because you had difficulties with the work or you were just lazy etc. If its the latter then HL could still be viable
there r 2 types--extended which is slightly tougher than core..i took core and core grades start from a C according to cambridge..so C is the highest.i got the highest in core chemistry but did not take extended cause i thought i may not be able to do it..
highest in extended is A* highest in core is C..both is equivalent to 95-100%

Latest

Trending

Trending