Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently in 5th year taking 5 highers; Maths, English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry. In the future I am looking to do Dentistry so I obviously need a strong application. I am doing my Silver Duke of Edinburgh Award, I'm on my school's basketball team and I've got a guitar I hope to learn to play one day lol. I did a week of work shadowing at my local hospital as well. Basically, I'm wondering what would help me, not only get all A's, but make myself look good with other non-academic stuff? If anyone has gotten into Medicine or Dentistry or anything like that and can tell me what they got and what they did, that would help.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I have got into study Medicine or Dentistry but I do have a cousin who is studying Medicine atm. He did a bit of volunteering with the St Andrew's Ambulance and some of the interviewers (I think it was Glasgow who liked it) were really positive about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen G)
    I can't say I have got into study Medicine or Dentistry but I do have a cousin who is studying Medicine atm. He did a bit of volunteering with the St Andrew's Ambulance and some of the interviewers (I think it was Glasgow who liked it) were really positive about it.
    Do you have a link for their website that I can have a look at please?

ReputationRep:
    Erm you better decide whether you want to do med or dentistry. Dentistry needs quite a lot of work experience as a requirement at some unis. Do some more shadowing for med too if u can.

And yeah go volunteer somewhere, take up some leadership positions, teamwork stuff etc but really just focus on getting 5As

Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.