Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a dedicated ELAT forum so I thought I'd create one, even though the test is today!

What has everyone done to prepare?
    How are you feeling?
    I'm so nervous I can't sleep!

I thought we could use this forum to talk about the test afterwards because no one in my school is doing the ELAT except me

Good luck!

I've applied for Oxford with an open application for English Literature and Language with predicted grades of A*A*A in English Lit , Maths and Classics.

ReputationRep:
    Just sat it and I'm not sure how it went; I walked out feeling okay and then began micro analysing and realised I used a word incorrectly 😂 I've applied for English at Clare College, Cambridge and I'm applying with AAAA at AS level, with predicted results of A*A*A* Here's to hoping it all went okay for all of us! xx

ReputationRep:
    I think it went well!

I'm applying to Girton College, Cambridge with AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    The theme was great but I got a tad convoluted, I'm probably being pedantic though.

I'm applying to St Peter's Oxford with 4 A's at AS and a 3 A* prediction.

Does anyone know when the results are published?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAJM)
    Does anyone know when the results are published?
    I think we get the results in January :-) you should have been given a PIN number thing?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I did really badly not because the passages were particularly difficult but bc my ideas were really tenuous and far fetched although I did use the passages to back them up somewhat hopefully that checks off interesting if incredible ideas on their mark scheme heh heh 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehighlighter)
    I accidentally used the terminology of epiphora when it should've been anaphora.......
    DOn't know why I wrote this when I knew the difference!

Does anyone know if my mark will be heavily affected by this error????
    I doubt it actually damaged the integrity of the essay as a whole, don't worry

Our teachers let us take the rest of the day off! Is anyone else celebrating? I put so much work into ELAT prep that coming out of the examination room felt like the exam season ending all over again!

Here's to the rest of our respective days; and our Oxbridge success of course!

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok! what passages have you chosen? a and b for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annam9814)
    I thought it was ok! what passages have you chosen? a and b for me!
    A and e for me! I don't know what to think about a bc my argument was still forming as I was writing up to the last minute. Out of 60, I know this is quite useless, how do u think u did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh the Byrony!)
    I doubt it actually damaged the integrity of the essay as a whole, don't worry

Our teachers let us take the rest of the day off! Is anyone else celebrating? I put so much work into ELAT prep that coming out of the examination room felt like the exam season ending all over again!

Here's to the rest of our respective days; and our Oxbridge success of course!
    Still on half term lol so this was actually quite an annoying time to take it! Had to get dressed up in school uniform and then undress like an hour later! How did u find it, which passages did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknowntsr)
    A and e for me! I don't know what to think about a bc my argument was still forming as I was writing up to the last minute. Out of 60, I know this is quite useless, how do u think u did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought I answered....weird... hope you've received it.

ReputationRep:
    Still on half term lol so this was actually quite an annoying time to take it! Had to get dressed up in school uniform and then undress like an hour later! How did u find it, which passages did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Enjoy the rest of haIf term

*surreptitiously burns with envy*

I thought it went well! I did all the past papers and have actually become much better at close-reading in recent weeks! How did you find it?

Bear in mind, though, that we can't talk in detail about the test until 5pm tomorrow - not everyone has completed the test yet. That bastion of inestimable Oxbridge TSR authority - jneill - can back me up on this.

• Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Oh the Byrony!)
    Enjoy the rest of haIf term

*surreptitiously burns with envy*

I thought it went well! I did all the past papers and have actually become much better at close-reading in recent weeks! How did you find it?

Bear in mind, though, that we can't talk in detail about the test until 5pm tomorrow - not everyone has completed the test yet. That bastion of inestimable Oxbridge TSR authority - jneill - can back me up on this.

Correct

As per the Announcement at the top of the page / forum:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...hp?f=14&a=1812

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did A and E as well
    What points did you make?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by studying_me)
    I did A and E as well
    Do not discuss specifics please.

ReputationRep:
    A massive WELL DONE guys. I was going to take the ELAT today originally but then my results absolutely crashed and there would have been no chance of getting into Oxbridge with my grades. So I just want to say, to everyone who's already got this far, regardless of whether you get an interview or not and where that takes you, you should all feel so proud of yourselves for taking this test. You've worked really hard and should stop and pat yourselves on the back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studying_me)
    I did A and E as well
    I can't say but let's just say that I feel like I bombed one of them and was more stable on the other one ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My overall argument was [mod deleted - do NOT share details of questions or answers]

Good luck everyone, and remember, there's always durham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAJM)
    I did A and E as well

[deleted]

I didn't write that at all lol but I guess that's what English is all abt !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAJM)
    I did A and E as well

My overall argument

[deleted]

I did completely different points from you.. the data protection thing doesn't let me say how but nevertheless I think our interpretations were quite different

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.