The Student Room Group

ELAT 2016 (2017 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JAJM
I did A and E as well

[deleted]

Good luck everyone, and remember, there's always durham

Um....I thought @jneill and I were pretty clear about not sharing details? It breaches our Data Protection contracts...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Oh the Byrony!
Um....I thought @jneill and I were pretty clear about not sharing details? It breaches our Data Protection contracts...

Correct. I've deleted the contents.

Please continue to report any problem posts. Many thanks!
I think it went ok. I picked D + E but I haven't heard anyone else talking about those two together. I thought the theme was quite off putting because it wasn't what i had practiced, but I got in four points/paragraphs in total. Best wishes to everyone and good luck to those who haven't done it :smile:
How much did u guys write ? I wrote 7 whole pages and I didn't even realise I was writing so much ! I just sort of spiralled off into oblivion w/o realising

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unknowntsr
How much did u guys write ? I wrote 7 whole pages and I didn't even realise I was writing so much ! I just sort of spiralled off into oblivion w/o realising

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah did you fill up the entire booklet? I wrote around five !! Tbh i spiralled a bit too but I hope they see some valid points in there fingers crossed :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote about 3 pages but only about 1 page is legible.. my handwriting kinda shrunk and dissipated by the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote like 6 and a half! my handwriting was quite messy in it to be honest ahahaha
Original post by xwhitenoise
Woah did you fill up the entire booklet? I wrote around five !! Tbh i spiralled a bit too but I hope they see some valid points in there fingers crossed :smile:)

Yh I did but only by accident I went in hoping that my essay would be structured but my mind got carried away and concision just wasn't a thing any more ! Which ones did u pick ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I did but only by accident I went in hoping that my essay would be structured but my mind got carried away and concision just wasn't a thing any more ! Which ones did u pick ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote to the very last line of the booklet lol
I wrote just over 3 pages on A and B. A and B makes it seem like I didn't read the others but it's just that those two were my favourites!
Original post by BellaFern
I wrote just over 3 pages on A and B. A and B makes it seem like I didn't read the others but it's just that those two were my favourites!

Also did A and B :smile:
Original post by Nomes24
Also did A and B :smile:

Me too! loved them
Hey guys, With admission tests tomorrow and the written work deadline on the 10th November I believe it's time that we start a Facebook group. They did this last year and it helped people prepare for interviews and make friends (or sniff out the competition!).

Just click on the link and ask to be added and feel free to share a post introducing yourself.https://www.facebook.com/groups/345139482505639/

Good luck for tomorrow!! Ella (Oriel history applicant)
I did C and E :smile: Anyone know when we find out if we have an interview?
I did C and E too!! I think we find out about interviews around the end of November, at least 7 days before the beginning of the interview process which I think is the 4th Dec!
(edited 7 years ago)
I did a and b!
Original post by georgia0319
I did C and E too!! I think we find out about interviews around the end of November/beginning of December, at least 7 days before the beginning of the interview process which I think is the 4th Dec!

hahah great, I thought I was the only one who used that combination!! Can I ask which college? I guess all we can do now is wait, sounds like most people won't hear until the end of the month
Original post by AnnieBeth61
hahah great, I thought I was the only one who used that combination!! Can I ask which college? I guess all we can do now is wait, sounds like most people won't hear until the end of the month

I know, scanning this thread I thought the same! I've applied to Balliol, how about you? :smile: Yep, just a waiting game now...
I did b and f and I've applied to Brasenose at Oxford!
Reply 39
I filled the entire booklet!

I can't tell you much about my test because of the rules but I feel obliged to tell you all that:

"I found it hard" and
"I found question 2 hard" and
"I found question 2 about <insert subject> hard"

Quick Reply

Latest