General Election 2005 Prediction Thread!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Llamas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Here's parliament as it stands:

State of the parties at 15 July 2004

Labour 407

Conservative 163

Liberal Democrat 55

Scottish National Party/Plaid Cymru 9 (SNP 5/PC 4)

Democratic Unionist 6

Ulster Unionist 5

Sinn Fein 4 (Have not taken their seats)

Social Democratic & Labour 3

Independent 1

Independent Conservative 1

Independent Labour 1

Speaker & 3 Deputies 4 (Do not normally vote)

Total 659

Government majority 159
Polls still show that Tony Blair is considered a good leader (compared to Michael Howard, at least), even with the Iraq mess. This combined with the good economic record of the government means that it's unlikely Labour will lose the next general election. The Conservatives persisting unpopularity will also mean they won't form a government anytime soon, some polls have even shown them even with the Liberal Democrats. I think that people will be seeking to reduce the absolute power Labour has at the moment, and in many areas will turn to Liberal Democrats instead of Conservatives.

Llamas' Predicted changes:

Labour: 325 -82
Conservative: 200 +37
Liberal Democrats: 100 +45

Government Majority: 77 -82

Conservative gains will only be in England, the Conservatives might even lose their only Scottish MP. the swing towards the Lib Dems will be in both Scotland and England.

At the summer break in 2006 (after Iraq has mostly calmed down) Tony Blair will resign after 9 years as Prime Minister. Gordon Brown will take over, Ed Balls will be appointed Chancellor.
Amrad
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brown will never be Prime Minister.
Llamas
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Amrad)
Brown will never be Prime Minister.
Who do you think will take over from Blair then?
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Presuming the election is in 2005
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Llamas)
Here's parliament as it stands:

Polls still show that Tony Blair is considered a good leader (compared to Michael Howard, at least), even with the Iraq mess. This combined with the good economic record of the government means that it's unlikely Labour will lose the next general election. The Conservatives persisting unpopularity will also mean they won't form a government anytime soon, some polls have even shown them even with the Liberal Democrats. I think that people will be seeking to reduce the absolute power Labour has at the moment, and in many areas will turn to Liberal Democrats instead of Conservatives.

Llamas' Predicted changes:

Labour: 325 -82
Conservative: 200 +37
Liberal Democrats: 100 +45

Government Majority: 77 -82

Conservative gains will only be in England, the Conservatives might even lose their only Scottish MP. the swing towards the Lib Dems will be in both Scotland and England.

At the summer break in 2006 (after Iraq has mostly calmed down) Tony Blair will resign after 9 years as Prime Minister. Gordon Brown will take over, Ed Balls will be appointed Chancellor.
Reading news about the Lib Dem's current success with by-elections it seems they are doing pretty well against an electoral system which works against them.

We may also see a coalition once again in Wales, despite the 'Welsh Labour' doing quite well.

I hope the Lib Dems keep it up
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My Predictions:

Labour 334 -73

Conservative 223 +60

Liberal Democrat 68 +13
Tev
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Labour will lose seats to Lib Dems, the gap between Conservates and Lib Dems will nearly disapear, and the gap between those two and Labour won't be massive. I think my area will still have a Labour MP, cus everyone loves John Mann!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (39)
8.16%
Confident (65)
13.6%
Indifferent (67)
14.02%
Unsure (119)
24.9%
Worried (188)
39.33%

Watched Threads