Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For the last year or 2 i have found a sudden interest and love for physics. I want to go to university and start a new career. I'm tired of working for a crappy wage and dealing with miserable people, i want to meet people who want to talk about the world and developments in science or a brilliant documentary they have watched, not the kardashians or some other terrible reality tv.

But I am worried about whether University is for me. I studied a level 3 sports diploma at college, but then i didn't take it any further. I finished college and suddenly lost interest. I started playing games all the time and just got a job in retail. I've been stuck in this spiral where i will suddenly get bored of tv, games and my job, and then ill start studying from home literaly from when i wake up until i go bed. but then after a few weeks i get bored again and go back to gaming. I then got bored of that and took up playing the piano. and then i got bored and went to gaming. its viscious cycle which i struggle to break, it makes me wonder whether i really do want to do physics or not? maybe i keep getting bored of everything so easily because i haven't found something i thoroughly enjoy?
    To make it even harder i have recently had a baby girl, and i want to be someone she can look upto, i want to have a solid enjoyable and successful career, not just for her but for me also.

Has anyone else been through something similar? do you have any advice?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this

ReputationRep:
    nobody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bgolding)
    For the last year or 2 i have found a sudden interest and love for physics. I want to go to university and start a new career. I'm tired of working for a crappy wage and dealing with miserable people, i want to meet people who want to talk about the world and developments in science or a brilliant documentary they have watched, not the kardashians or some other terrible reality tv.

But I am worried about whether University is for me. I studied a level 3 sports diploma at college, but then i didn't take it any further. I finished college and suddenly lost interest. I started playing games all the time and just got a job in retail. I've been stuck in this spiral where i will suddenly get bored of tv, games and my job, and then ill start studying from home literaly from when i wake up until i go bed. but then after a few weeks i get bored again and go back to gaming. I then got bored of that and took up playing the piano. and then i got bored and went to gaming. its viscious cycle which i struggle to break, it makes me wonder whether i really do want to do physics or not? maybe i keep getting bored of everything so easily because i haven't found something i thoroughly enjoy?
    To make it even harder i have recently had a baby girl, and i want to be someone she can look upto, i want to have a solid enjoyable and successful career, not just for her but for me also.

Has anyone else been through something similar? do you have any advice?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this
    Just do what you feel is best for you and your girl- nobody else can really answer that question. PM if you want; I can give you more in depth advice.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.