Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I was offered a post graduate loan for my MA course starting this October. I recieved my first term's installment of my loan which I paid to the university.

    After four weeks on the course I withdrew, as only once the course began did it become clear than many of the advertised stufy modules were no longer running, and therefore the degree was very different to what I had intended to study.

    I will be reapplying to a different university for next year, so I want to know what steps I need to take to inform student finance of my change in circumstances, and arrange a hold on the remainder of my payments until my new course begins.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    If you withdraw from the course you will be ineligible to reapply for the postgraduate loan again, unless you have compelling personal reasons as to why you left the course and evidence to show this.

    To withdraw the university can send us a notification or you can send a change of circumstance form if the university are unable to: http://bit.ly/28XNE4r

The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.