The Student Room Group

Fireworks: yay or nay?

Poll

Fireworks: yay or nay?

It's that time of the year again, when we light up the sky with pretty fireworks.

But the question is.... Do you like fireworks? I don't, mainly because they terrify my pets :yes: but what do you think?

Yay or nay? :hmmm:

Scroll to see replies

I really don't like loud and sudden noises; so nay.
They're pretty but it takes a lot of effort to deal with the loud noise of them.
Reply 3
yay.
Nay.

They are just so anticlimactic and disappointing. I have no idea why people get so excited by them.
Original post by iEthan
It's that time of the year again, when we light up the sky with pretty fireworks.

But the question is.... Do you like fireworks? I don't, mainly because they terrify my pets :yes: but what do you think?

if you take a step back and think about it.... you can buy explosives at the supermarket

:eek:
Reply 6
Nay. Fireworks are boring, I've never understood why anyone is supposed to be entertained by a bunch of sparkly lights in the sky.
Reply 7
nay
Reply 8
Nay because they scare both pets and wildlife.

The fireworks shown in most places are pretty boring and generic anyway. Unless someone gets a giant dragon one like from LOTR, I'm not interested :tongue:
Sometimes they're pretty, but they scare animals and so often people don't clean up after themselves
Not the noise but i love the display in the sky. Has to be a fun display.
Wish fireworks were noiseless.
Yay because they can make for some nice pictures
I say nay, because even though they look pretty, they are way too loud and scare both me and my cat, and other people and animals too (the intermittent really loud ones always make me jump!). Also, people can be so irresponsible with them :noway:
No.
Yea for me:smile: Pretty to watch, and amazing to photograph, especially if the camera is a slow one! I do agree that they scare animals, tho - when we had guinea pigs, we always had to pile lots of sound-insulating things on the hutch, so they weren't frightened to death!
Original post by iEthan

YAY!!
I don't ****ing understand why people do them more now at a regular basis, I'd understand if they did it around Christmas for obvious reasons but not ****ing all the time lool.
Yay
Original post by Dez
a bunch of sparkly lights in the sky
This sounds like the best thing ever though?!

I wear earplugs to deal with the noise too :tongue: Not so easy for the aminals though...
No because I am neitber a) a 6 year old or b) from the Stone Age so flashing lights and loud noises are neither fun nor exciting even more so when it comes with the requirement of standing outside on a freezing November evening which a bunch of total morons oooohing and aaaaaahing.

Quick Reply

Latest