Turn on thread page Beta

Which ability would you want? watch

• View Poll Results: Which ability would you want?
    Be able to relive memories
    13.23%
    Never get ill or tired
    26.32%
    Eat anything you want without getting fat
    16.87%
    Have a photographic memory
    43.59%

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Flying and invisibility are over rated.

If you could have one of these skills, which would you choose?
    Do you wish you could eat pasta all day everyday? Are you tired of being tired? Studying getting you down? Or do you just want to relive your 10th birthday.

Not going to lie, I'd choose the eating one and my first stop would be zizzis.

ReputationRep:
    I was honestly torn between the photographic memory and eating what I want. I'm a person who struggles with weight sometimes (Not that I'm overweight at all, I just notice that when I eat too much I do gain a little weight and I don't like it) and, during my time of the month I eat like crazy. But, to be honest, I think it might be more useful for me to have photographic memory, whilst it would be quite disturbing in some instances, I think that photographic memory would help me out a lot when it comes to certain assignments or what people have said.

ReputationRep:
    I can eat whatever I want and cant really put weight on, when you say relive memories can you alter them, I rarely get ill except for a couple of headaches so probably a photographic memory unless you can change your past.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've already got a photographic memory. It's not as good as you think. Yeah, you never have to study - but you can't tell people you never have to study because it causes so many problems :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I've already got a photographic memory. It's not as good as you think. Yeah, you never have to study - but you can't tell people you never have to study because it causes so many problems :sad:
    Have you ever used it to win a bet?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    It d be a toss up between photographic memory (my stm is horrendous) and never getting tired.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Never get ill or tired.I already have this one: Eat anything you want without getting fat
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Have you ever used it to win a bet?
    It's only fairly recently that I've started realising that maybe people can't do what I do. This is partly because someone found out and started making negative comments, and left me with the feeling that it's something to be ashamed of. So no, I've not really used it for anything - initially I was unaware how different it is, and then when I have been aware I've wanted to hide it.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna eat cheeeese!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    It's only fairly recently that I've started realising that maybe people can't do what I do. This is partly because someone found out and started making negative comments, and left me with the feeling that it's something to be ashamed of. So no, I've not really used it for anything - initially I was unaware how different it is, and then when I have been aware I've wanted to hide it.
    It's different it's not something to be ashamed of the negative comments are just because people are jealous, I know I would love to have it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love a photographic memory because you'd never fail exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    Flying and invisibility are over rated.

If you could have one of these skills, which would you choose?
    Do you wish you could eat pasta all day everyday? Are you tired of being tired? Studying getting you down? Or do you just want to relive your 10th birthday.

Not going to lie, I'd choose the eating one and my first stop would be zizzis.

I'd choose to never be able to get ill or tired, that would make you practically superhuman. Then I'd be able to be an investment banker and doctor at the same time and make loads of money
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Difficult between eating and photographic memory. However, I do think that for me, eating is something that I can control, and do enjoy controlling, and I wouldn't want to stop doing that... having a photographic memory would just help with so so much in life...!!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    To be able to teleport

ReputationRep:
    basicaly, obesity is an illness and some of us would want to eat without getting fat so... why not choose not getting ill or tired? at least you can still what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Never get ill or tired

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want to relive memories otherwise I'd be stuck in the past and would forget about my present 🤔
    If i never got tired, I wouldn't be able to sleep. I love to sleep. It gives me a well needed brrak from the world.😴
    Eat anything I want without getting fat. I do love food but I can't eat as much as I wanted. Besides, I love to exercise.
    So I'm going to have to go with photographic memory... I can have more time to enjoy life rather than study,would be able to remember things more too so better memories etc.

ReputationRep:
    Relive old memories. I'd give anything to be able to relive some of the good times of my childhood with my grandparents and my old pets I'd lost whenever I choose to. Its important not to dwell on the past and focus on the present and the future but it would be nice to go back every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    I selected "Eat what you like and never get fat" Mainly cos that's where I am right now... (Fat that is) Any how, otherwise it'd be "never get ill or tired" Thought tbf, I do feel really tired atm too but that doesn't bother me AS much.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Interesting thread and well balanced poll options ofr a change. I went for eating, but am still thinking about the others.
    I suppose memory helps make exams a lot easier.

But am now changing it to never get ill or tired. Everyones body will start to break down eventually (assuming you font get run over etc).
    If you never get tired you can also work or exercise as long as you need, which means you could burn as many calories as you need plus do without sleep or not need as much.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.